filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

I'm glad the NFL talk is back, but i do have a serious movie question real quick - what do you guys think are movies we are looking for for "Best Screenplay" noms? I can see American Hustle, and maybe Captain Phillips for best Adapted, and im sure 12 Years will get one, but what else? I'm guessing Wolf, Her? Philomena and Nebraska got GG nods, what else?

before midnight better freaking get one

I just read the Rockets are the only professional sports team in Houston to win a game since September

Yeah, Astros have been pathetic for about 4 years and Texans have lost 12 straight.  <_< Rockets have been good so far this year but every SOB has been hurt on that team. Harden, Parsons, Lin, Beverly and Asik. I tell you this city is cursed, I was 8 the last time we won anything.  :angry:

Speaking of teams winning meaningless games, my Vikings have killed their hopes for Bridgewater/Clowney/Barr (we need a DE with Allen perhaps on the way out.) Failures of his brother aside, I'm a Derek Carr fan. And if Blake Bortles declares...look out. He's not going to the Vikings...but he might push Bridgewater out of the top spot. 

These #s are very meh, everyone in agreement? Overall this weekend is supposed to be a huge earner traditionally

It has done well in the past, which I don't understand- everyone I know is shopping today. It's the biggest shopping weekend of the year. Malls should be killing movies right now.