Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

HTTYD was not very successful in Europe. You do not have to compare it to ultrasucceful sequels to see that. For instance it made $15m in Germany in 2010. The first Ice Age made $34m there in 2002 (the thrird one $82m). (but DM to DM2 grew 40% in Germany)

HTTYD made $25m in SK and $5.5m in Japan. The sequel won't go Bananas there.

I don't understand why people ignore the problems of a hero with a missing limb in a childrens movie.

Edited by Rudolf

HTTYD was not very successful in Europe. You do not have to compare it to ultrasucceful sequels to see that. For instance it made $15m in Germany in 2010. The first Ice Age made $34m there in 2002 (the thrird one $82m). (but DM to DM2 grew 40% in Germany)

HTTYD made $25m in SK and $5.5m in Japan. The sequel won't go Bananas there.

I don't understand why people ignore the problems of a hero with a missing limb in a childrens movie.

Well  in all fairness Avatar I boasts the greatest  CGI  animation/ realism  technology known to man, and its hero being a parapledgic didnt hurt its box office one bit.  Juggernaut 2009 was a film for everyone.

;)

Well  in all fairness Avatar I boasts the greatest  CGI  animation/ realism  technology known to man, and its hero being a parapledgic didnt hurt its box office one bit.  Juggernaut 2009 was a film for everyone.

;)

Avatar was not a childrens movie.

In the relevant scenes Jack had 2 legs.

Hiccup will always have 1 leg.

Country

(click to view weekend breakdown) Dist. Release

Date Opening

Wknd % of

Total Total Gross / As Of FOREIGN TOTAL - N/A n/a - n/a N/A Posted ImageBahrain - 6/5/14 $74,881 100% $74,881 6/8/14 Lebanon Fox 6/5/14 $44,198 100% $44,198 6/8/14 Singapore Fox 6/12/14 - - $324,063 6/8/14 Thailand Fox 6/12/14 - - $64,655 6/8/14 United Arab Emirates Fox 6/5/14 $815,149 100% $815,149 6/8/14