Godzilla

How to Train Your Dragon 2 OS (418 mil OS!!!)

Not bad. Looks like Asia at least can deliver string numbers. I'm thinking about 415m overseas

Wonder why the original is not a big hit in Northern Europe with all the Viking references, dragon, the whole Old Germanic folklore.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DRAGON 2 scarfed down $43.5M overseas this weekend, $77.2M overall. OZ ($8.2M) MEX ($7.2M) BRZ ($6.8M)</p>&mdash; Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) <a href="

22, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 2

At least overseas markets know HTTYD 2 is a must watch movie. And it didn't open everywhere yet.

It still hasn't opened in most European and Asian markets. It'll make $150M with just these current markets, which is impressive. $400M is going to happen and it has a strong shot at $500M OS.
  • Like 1

So boring and uninteresting though, a carbon copy of Kung Fu Panda 2.

No.God, I don't even know where to begin...

I've watched it three times here in Mexico, only the last with a full theater (I blame the previous two on the hour) and the audience was quite connected with it, with a lot of laughs, and quiet at the serious moments. I'm glad it's doing fine, and hope it continues to do so.

Edited by redgarlic68
  • Like 4

Glad to hear, I'm so happy to see , good results for it overseas!  I'm very confident for France as well because httyd 2 opens at the movies "party " day here. Which means a lot of people are going to theater that day and then if the french likes it , a lot more of word of mouth! 

• Like 1

No.God, I don't even know where to begin...

I've watched it three times here in Mexico, only the last with a full theater (I blame the previous two on the hour) and the audience was quite connected with it, with a lot of laughs, and quiet at the serious moments. I'm glad it's doing fine, and hope it continues to do so.

I was referring to its overall (projected) box office performance, not to the quality of the 2 movies.

Strong openings, 500M OS still possible.

So boring and uninteresting though, a carbon copy of Kung Fu Panda 2.

In box office terms, maybe. Because KFP2 declined from the first one domestically but was huge Overseas.

However, I´d say this is faring better than KFP2 because the first HTTYD was comparatively small Overseas, and, for now, it´s doing very well in most of the markets it´s opened.

Let´s see:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DRAGON 2 scarfed down $43.5M overseas this weekend, $77.2M overall. OZ ($8.2M) MEX ($7.2M) BRZ ($6.8M)</p>&mdash; Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) <a href="https://twitter.com/ERCboxoffice/statuses/480761464211267584">June 22, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In Mexico it is almost 3 times the first film´s opening.

Also Brazil. Huge opening, on par with Despicable Me 2. I wouldn´t have thought it could be that big in Brazil.

But it is not getting any #1 wkn DOM or OS, which is just bad for an animation blockbuster.

It could not get any number one Overseas Box Office weekend, yet it could handily surpass your $500m OS Rio 2.

• Like 1