lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

Here is my guess for today's top 5Wolf 9,5Smaug 8,2Smitty 7,3Frozen 7,1Anchor 5,9

That Frozen number would be shocking as most animations drop on Christmas Day so I'll take a small drop/increase today. Thursday is the day where it'll jump 120-130% followed by another 35-40% on Friday. 

• Like 1

Last year CD openers grossed a total of 39 mill, that was three films, so just for fun, perhaps that will translate into this for the four openers: Wolf:  13Mitty:  11Grudge:  9Ronini:  7

I like your numbers better. But i think they are to high

That Frozen number would be shocking as most animations drop on Christmas Day so I'll take a small drop/increase today. Thursday is the day where it'll jump 120-130% followed by another 35-40% on Friday.

Yeah. But Frozen are out of normal thinking IMO..Im sticking with that number :)
  • Like 2

In other news, Spider-Man is on TNT right now. Remember when this came out and it was special because there weren't four comic book movies a year?

It's still special. I don't understand this type of complaining. SH is a genre just like animation, comedy, horror... etc, yet I don't here people complaint about their yearly total. What gives? :rolleyes:

It's still special. I don't understand this type of complaining. SH is a genre just like animation, comedy, horror... etc, yet I don't here people complaint about their yearly total. What gives? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call it very special. Maybe a team-up of them like Avengers or the upcoming Batman/Superman movie but at this point it is pretty common to see a handful of them a year. 2002 was the first year there were two comic book films with Blade II and Spider-Man actually.

Unless you go to 1997 and actually count MIB as a comic book film. :P

Also Spider-Man is still better than 80% of the comic book movies released. :ph34r:

Edited by Mango

Yeah. But Frozen are out of normal thinking IMO..Im sticking with that number :)

You may be right. It has shocked us from the beginning so what is another shock. If your scenario came true than we're looking at 350M+ for Frozen. 

Wolf sold out its 3:05 showing about ten minutes ago! Awesome! 

Based on early business and the pattern it's undergoing, I think Mr. Banks increases to over 5 million and has an upset top five finish. Two sellouts already. This could have the best legs of the season

I wouldn't call it very special. Maybe a team-up of them like Avengers or the upcoming Batman/Superman movie but at this point it is pretty common to see a handful of them a year. 2002 was the first year there were two comic book films with Blade II and Spider-Man actually.

Unless you go to 1997 and actually count MIB as a comic book film. :P

Also Spider-Man is still better than 80% of the comic book movies released. :ph34r:

Again, you didn't answer the question why do you only want 1 or 2 SH movies in a year at most? SH is a genre so 4 to 5 movies year isn't a lot when you consider we get 600 movies in a year.  ;)  :P

Again, you didn't answer the question why do you only want 1 or 2 SH movies in a year at most? SH is a genre so 4 to 5 movies year isn't a lot when you consider we get 600 movies in a year.  ;)  :P

I didn't realize you were asking.  :P  And I love superhero movies as much as the next geek but I have to admit the market is becoming kind of saturated. I don't know for sure if it's effecting the quality or not but I would rather have one or two SM1 or Avengers quality movies than several "okay" movies.

Edited by Mango