lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

Extremely hard to predict today but here goes

Wolf                    9.5m

Smaug                8.9m

Witty                   7.7m

Ronin                  7.0m

Grudge               6.6m

American Hustle  6.0m

Anchorman 2      5.4m

Frozen                3.9m

I didn't realize you were asking.  :P  And I love superhero movies as much as the next geek but I have to admit the market is becoming kind of saturated. I don't know for sure if it's effecting the quality or not but I would rather have one or two SM1 or Avengers quality movies than several "okay" movies.

Different studios make them so why is quality being effected?  :huh: I could understand that rational if same studio was making them but they're not. ;)

Extremely hard to predict today but here goes Wolf                    9.5mSmaug                8.9mWitty                   7.7mRonin                  7.0mGrudge               6.6mAmerican Hustle  6.0mAnchorman 2      5.4mFrozen                3.9m

I agree. Predicting is super hard.. But 1 thing is 100% sure..Ronin wont come close to 7 mill..If it does, beer's on me

I think this will be a really strong day for holdovers and a very mediocre one for the openers, outside of wolf, which should do at least 8 million. I don't see any of the others doing above 5 except maybe Mitty. But Anchroman, Hustle, Banks, and Hobbit I think are all in for awesome days.

• Like 1

I think this will be a really strong day for holdovers and a very mediocre one for the openers, outside of wolf, which should do at least 8 million. I don't see any of the others doing above 5 except maybe Mitty. But Anchroman, Hustle, Banks, and Hobbit I think are all in for awesome days.

What about Frozen? 

Different studios make them so why is quality being effected?  :huh: I could understand that rational if same studio was making them but they're not. ;)

If Marvel keeps it at two a year I think they'll be okay. But if they start trying for more things will get bad. Sony I could definitely see overdoing it with that apparent ASM universe. WB I'm more mixed on. Fox isn't doing too bad, they only do X-Men and there is never more than one a year.

I'm just saying it could very well end up happening. I never said we were there yet, just that we are starting to get to it.