iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

Respect to all for the MOS hate on.

People say it has better WOM then IM3... 

Posted Image

It actually does. End of the year, and people are still debating MoS vigorously. IM3 was forgotten the moment people left the theater.

Also, for people saying MoS had bad late legs, I calculated the amount all the superhero movies earned after their second weekend (which is what qualifies as "late legs")

MoS earned 39% of its total after the second weekend.

IM3 earned 40%, Thor 2 earned 40% (assuming a 206 finish) WITH Thanksgiving and the Christmas to New Year stretch helping it, Wolverine earned 39%.

None of them had the "late legs" people keep talking about. All of them earned 60% of their total in the first 10 days.

Edited by grim22

Fried Green Tomatoes is the worst piece of garbage movie I have ever seen. There is no defense for it. It is an epic pile of garbage. I have seen some awful movies, but nothing is a bigger piece of garbage than that movie.

I can tell you there at least a hundred worst movies that I have seen any part of then Fried Green Tomatoes.

It actually does. End of the year, and people are still debating MoS vigorously. IM3 was forgotten the moment people left the theater.

Also, for people saying MoS had bad late legs, I calculated the amount all the superhero movies earned after their second weekend (which is what qualifies as "late legs")

MoS earned 39% of its total after the second weekend.

IM3 earned 40%, Thor 2 earned 40% (assuming a 206 finish) WITH Thanksgiving and the Christmas to New Year stretch helping it, Wolverine earned 39%.

None of them had the "late legs" people keep talking about. All of them earned 60% of their total in the first 10 days.

MOS was suppose to have better legs as it was not a sequel by default. 

Your forget a key thing..

IM3 was expected to be so so and mildly entertaining. 

MOS had Christ Nolan attached.

MOS looked great had a great story line attached, great actors and Chris Nolan name as well. 

Ended up with bad legs, bad critic scores and sub par audience reception in the GA. 

Tell me who would have thought MOS would have had a rotten RT score. 

Look I found MOS okay 7/10.

I am just reminding people of how much people hyped and become historical revisionists. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I mean, seriously, guys, just watch some Asylum films for the requisite 30 minutes.

I think you underestimate how much people would rather spend that time watching a good movie.

Like, I've never seen The Searchers but I've seen The Last Airbender. That pisses me off. Why the fuck would I do that? What an asshole I am.

• Like 1

IM3 was expected to be so so

MOS had Christ Nolan attached

Since we are discussing revisionism, Thor 2 was supposed to destroy MoS wasn't it? Considering the Avengers effect and Thor having more room to grow and Thorki being so popular, and 2 open weeks to itself and Catching Fire targeting a completely different audience. Not to mention the great legs in Brazil. Now, crossing 200M is being praised unanimously.

MoS multiplier from OW was the same as IM3 and Thor2. If MoS had bad legs, so did IM3 and so did Thor 2. The fact is all of them had the same legs as each other. But for some reason, the IM3 and Thor 2 legs are not even questioned, if WOM determines legs, then all of them have the same word of mouth.

My predictions at the start of the year was IM3: 405M, MoS: 300M (it is in the Summer Game thread, you can look it up). Both performed exactly as I thought they would.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 4

IM3 was expected to be so so

MOS had Christ Nolan attached

January 2013 - 

IM3: bold and new, with a new writer/director presenting an interesting take on the franchise!

MOS: Hack Snyder lol

• Like 3

I think you underestimate how much people would rather spend that time watching a good movie.

Like, I've never seen The Searchers but I've seen The Last Airbender. That pisses me off. Why the fuck would I do that? What an asshole I am.

Sure, I get that. And like I said, that's pretty much my mentality these days. But it sort of defeats the purpose of a "Worst of All Time" list then.

Also, Thor 2 was supposed to destroy MoS wasn't it? Considering the Avengers effect and Thor having more room to grow and Thorki being so popular, and 2 open weeks to itself and Catching Fire targeting a completely different audience. Not to mention the great legs in Brazil.

MoS multiplier from OW was the same as IM3 and Thor2. If MoS had bad legs, so did IM3 and so did Thor 2. The fact is all of them had the same legs as each other. But for some reason, the IM3 and Thor 2 legs are not even questioned, if WOM determines legs, then all of them have the same word of mouth.

No I think most level headed people thought Thor 2 would end up around MOS WW and it will be around 95+% in the end. 

No doubt it did not meet many lofty expectations. 

The amount of excuses for MOS performance are just laughable. 

MOS WOM was not bad it had as good legs as IM3.

Im3 was a sequel and got the 2nd biggest opener ever of course its legs were not suppose to be great. 

:P  :P  :P  :P

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Sure, I get that. And like I said, that's pretty much my mentality these days. But it sort of defeats the purpose of a "Worst of All Time" list then.

It's just the worst of what these guys have seen (i didn't vote). duh. no one's acting like this is some definitive thing or anything. It's just a bit of fun.

• Like 1

Since we are discussing revisionism, Thor 2 was supposed to destroy MoS wasn't it? Considering the Avengers effect and Thor having more room to grow and Thorki being so popular, and 2 open weeks to itself and Catching Fire targeting a completely different audience. Not to mention the great legs in Brazil. Now, crossing 200M is being praised unanimously.

My predictions at the start of the year was IM3: 405M, MoS: 300M (it is in the Summer Game thread, you can look it up). Both performed exactly as I thought they would.

heh, I remember people saying Thor 2 was clearly going to have better legs than others because it had "humor" and a "heart" according to people on the opening weekend

• Like 1

No I think most level headed people thought Thor 2 would end up around MOS WW and it will be around 95+% in the end. 

No doubt it did not meet many lofty expectations. 

The amount of excuses for MOS performance are just laughable. 

MOS WOM was not bad it had as good legs as IM3.

Im3 was a sequel and got the 2nd biggest opener ever of course its legs were not suppose to be great. 

:P  :P  :P  :P

How is that not an excuse for IM3??

Why would one multiplier be excused off hand and not the other?

I like how the goalposts for Thor 2's performance keep getting moved to suit the narrative. From, it will earn more than X2 unadjusted, to X2 adjusted to 200M is great.

The whining about this list is embarrassing. Disagreeing about certain movies on the list because we all have different tastes in movies is fine. It's perfectly fair to disagree about a movie you like being on the list. However, the pretentious proclamations about how you're glad you didn't vote in this poll are preposterous.

You chose not to vote. Yet, you're going to whine and complain about the results. You acted like you were above this vote. Then, you cry and whine loudly about the results. It's pathetic. Either don't vote and accept the results or vote and see if your vote changes some things. But if you didn't vote, stop whining about the opinions of others. In fact, stop whining because we didn't like your precious movies. I know it hurts your little heart that not everyone loved all these movies that you think are classics. But just accept it and move on.

My top 10 I have known for years (except Cloud Atlas, which was a new addition for me). I remember the worst films I have ever seen and have been keeping track. Going 36 deep was tough and the 30 min. rule hurt a little, but my list was very easy to create. Judging by the reactions, I am glad I voted the way that I did. I'd rather vote honestly and have it be unpopular than to lie just to appease some people. Anyone that voted honestly (which is probably everyone that voted) should be proud of their choices. 

A special thanks to Catching Iceroll for putting this together. You did a great job. You know that this was a great idea because lots of people are reacting strongly to it.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 7