iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

No I think most level headed people thought Thor 2 would end up around MOS WW and it will be around 95+% in the end. 

No doubt it did not meet many lofty expectations. 

The amount of excuses for MOS performance are just laughable. 

MOS WOM was not bad it had as good legs as IM3.

Im3 was a sequel and got the 2nd biggest opener ever of course its legs were not suppose to be great. 

:P  :P  :P  :P

Exactly, you can't compare legs of a movie that opened to 175m and was a sequel to a fanboy franchise, to a reboot that opened at 100m and had big names with history of great legs attached to it.

• Like 1

I can tell you there at least a hundred worst movies that I have seen any part of then Fried Green Tomatoes.

I don't know how many movies you have seen. I have seen a lot. None of them have ever been as bad as that movie. Although, my top 10 is filled with bad movies, so you can make a case that some are close to that. However, none of them top it. Natural Born Killers and Dude Where's My Car tried, but they just didn't get there.

Every movie here has basic filmmaking competence. It's in focus, shots are framed decently, it's edited in a way that makes basic sense, the dialogue is audible, etc.

These factors alone should make all these movies safe from a "WOAT" list. I'm not even getting into preference.

Posted Image

• Like 3

How is that not an excuse for IM3??

Why would one multiplier be excused off hand and not the other?

I like how the goalposts for Thor 2's performance keep getting moved to suit the narrative. From, it will earn more than X2 unadjusted, to X2 adjusted to 200M is great.

I think the point is MOS was wayy wayy wayyy overhyped..

In terms of its box office potential and its quality.

Im3 while not great improved on IM2 and its box office domestically was solid and WW was beyond all expectations.

IM3 had crap legs but hey it made 409 million lol 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I don't know how many movies you have seen. I have seen a lot. None of them have ever been as bad as that movie. Although, my top 10 is filled with bad movies, so you can make a case that some are close to that. However, none of them top it. Natural Born Killers and Dude Where's My Car tried, but they just didn't get there.

I've have seen loads and loads of movies (classic movie fan BTW).

Fried Green Tomatoes is a fine film. Its well made, and it has great performances to boot.

Definitely not worthy of a "worst of" list.

Edited by Saintarcher
  • Like 1

I had to stop reading. WTF? Thank you for taking time to make that Iceroll, but the results of that list is total shit. The bias and sheer dumbness was obvious. The movies seemed beloved by the board but theyre most hated now? Reading it was "wtf?"..."wth?"..."tf?"..."th?"...Yeah Ill take it with a grain of salt because I know in the real world that list no-where near accurate. That was a doozy.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 3

I've have seen loads and loads of movies (classic movie fan BTW).

Fried Green Tomatoes is a fine film. Its well made, and it has great performances to boot.

Definitely not worthy of a "worst of" list.

Worst movie I have ever seen. And I have known that for years. It has come up in conversations. I didn't have to think about number 1. You can recommend bad movies to me. I will sit through them. Maybe a few will even crack my top 36. I don't think any have a chance to be number 1.

I love classic movies as well, so I have seen a lot of those. Heaven's Gate (the movie that sunk United Artists) would have made my top 36 worst films of all-time list if the 30 minute rule wasn't in place. But, it wouldn't be number 1.

Worst movie I have ever seen. And I have known that for years. It has come up in conversations. I didn't have to think about number 1. You can recommend bad movies to me. I will sit through them. Maybe a few will even crack my top 36. I don't think any have a chance to be number 1.

I love classic movies as well, so I have seen a lot of those. Heaven's Gate (the movie that sunk United Artists) would have made my top 36 worst films of all-time list if the 30 minute rule wasn't in place. But, it wouldn't be number 1.

Fine!

Great job Iceroll, it was fun reading through the list and even more fun reading the meltdowns :)

I didn't want to submit a list because I knew I hadn't seen that many truly bad movies, but I am glad I did.  Thanks for taking the time to put the list together - it's always fun participating and reading the results of these lists.

• Like 2

And to recap, here are the "Top 36 Worst Films as voted by boxoffice.com members":

12 Man Of Steel 23

24 Batman Returns 17

30 Mulholland Drive 14

31 Citizen Kane 14

2001: A Space Odyssey 13

Thin Red Line 12

Star Wars: A New Hope 11

Birth Of A Nation 10

True Grit 10

The Hurt Locker 9

Natural Born Killers 9

Moulin Rouge! (2001) 9

Billy Madison 9

Drive 9

The Hobbit 9

The Dark Knight Rises 8

Kill Bill Vol. 1 7

Cloud Atlas 7

A Clockwork Orange 6

Borat 6

Superbad 6

The In-Laws 6 [iF THIS REFERS TO THE 1979 ORIGINAL I WILL HUNT DOWN AND DESTROY HE OR SHE THAT VOTED FOR THIS]

Oceans 12 6

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas 6

The Royal Tenenbaums 6

The Piano 6

Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi 6

LOTR: Fellowship Of The Ring 6

No Country For Old Men 6

The Pianist 5

Requiem For A Dream 5

The Hangover 4

Reservoir Dogs 4

John Carter 4

Iron Man 3 4

Fair Game 4

The Fifth Element 3

Appaloosa (2008) 3

King Kong (2005) 3

The Godfather Part III 3

Blade Runner 3

Jurassic Park 3

Fargo 3

Lost In Translation (2003) 3

Life Of Pi 3

Into The Wild 3

V For Vendetta 2

Magnolia 2

The Deer Hunter 2

War Horse 2

Hugo 2

Killing Them Softly 1

Tron: Legacy 1

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire 1

Drag Me To Hell 1

The Godfather Part III 1

The Hunger Games 1

Milk 1

On Her Majesty’S Secret Service 1

Gosford Park 1

Rocky VI 1

Knocked Up 1

Pain And Gain 1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

As the classic saying goes, everyone's entitled to their opinion. But still, some of these are like putting Mozart and Beethoven as "worst music of all time" and keeping Ace of Base because you like Euro-pop and don't like classical music.

Don't even get me started on music. Heavy Metal all the way. I want to see talented musicians playing their instruments.

As the classic saying goes, everyone's entitled to their opinion. But still, some of these are like putting Mozart and Beethoven as "worst music of all time" and keeping Ace of Base because you like Euro-pop and don't like classical music.

Lol its like my hipster friend.

Mozart and Beethoven are too commercial, Bach is the best.

I was like "hum a piece music from Bach..."

uhhhh he starts humming Fur Elise... 

That's exactly what these lists are; we all have different tastes in movies.  I think what you are more getting at is "filmmaking competence" from your prior post and I think a lot of us just haven't watched enough of those types of movies (or made it thru at least 30 minutes of them) to make our lists.  I've probably watched (or attempted to watch) some of those movies thru the years, but I can't remember the names of them :)

• Like 1