iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

6) Well done, you are starting to open your eyes when you see that my opinion can be reversed. All lists on this site are basically bunk because people don't seek out older films or non-holly-wood films. Sure, its why I've only really been active in the creation of one list (that sadly never eventuated), the 1000 movies you must see before you die list - because its not making any claims about being the best films ever made, only films that you feel others should see. But the best of lists still have more credibility then a worst of list because people are actively seeking out movies that they think they'll enjoy so they have a greater range of movies to pick at from the top end, rather than the shit end. That is all that I have been saying.

Obviously, a lot of us disagree with you because we continue to vote on these lists. If you feel so strongly about these lists, then why bother responding to them at all? You're never going to convince anyone that voted that their opinion is wrong. In fact, it's an opinion, so it can't be wrong. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Obviously, a lot of us disagree with you because we continue to vote on these lists. If you feel so strongly about these lists, then why bother responding to them at all? You're never going to convince anyone that voted that their opinion is wrong. In fact, it's an opinion, so it can't be wrong. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

If you honestly think all opinions are equal then I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish in arguing with me. All seems a bit silly really.

I have no problem with these lists. I have never sort to ban them. I am sure they are a fun diversion for many people even if I do think they are ultimately meaningless. This is the only list where I have made any statement at all about them because I thought this list was particularly bad and gave my opinion (that you just said can't be wrong) as to why I thought that. Apparently though my opinion that people haven't watched enough bad movies to really make a good list is actually wrong in your view and hence you have argued with me about it. 

Whatevs.

Edited by Spottswoode

If you honestly think all opinions are equal then I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish in arguing with me. All seems a bit silly really.

I have no problem with these lists. I have never sort to ban them. I am sure they are a fun diversion for many people even if I do think they are ultimately meaningless. This is the only list where I have made any statement at all about them because I thought this list was particularly bad and gave my opinion (that you just said can't be wrong) as to why I thought that. Apparently though my opinion that people haven't watched enough bad movies to really make a good list is actually wrong in your view and hence you have argued with me about it. 

Yes, I completely disagree with your opinion. Any list is meaningless, since it doesn't change anyone's mind. Even if it comes from some snotty film critic, it is meaningless. It's just for fun and to express opinions.

When Ed unveils his results list of the best comic book movies of all-time list, do you think it really matters which is number 1? Whether it's TA or TDK, it won't change anyone's mind. It's just for fun.

In fact, it's an opinion, so it can't be wrong. 

Yes, I completely disagree with your opinion.

Any list is meaningless, since it doesn't change anyone's mind. Even if it comes from some snotty film critic, it is meaningless. It's just for fun and to express opinions.

You need to accept that these are the 36 worst movies of all-time.

Posted Image

Edited by Spottswoode

My first half so far:

1. XMO: Wolverine

2. Revenge of the Fallen

3. Mummy 3

4. Batman & Robin

5. Iron Man 2

6. Pee Wee's Big Adventure

7. Batman Returns

8. Breaking Wind Part 1

9. Every Twilight Installment

10. Dark of the Moon

11. Halloween 2 (2009)

12. Every single Tyler Perry film

13. Movie 43

14. A Good Day to Die Hard

15. Every single Seltzerberg film

16. Alice in Wonderland (2010)

17. Ghost Rider 2

18. Fantastic 4 (2005)

My first half so far:1. XMO: Wolverine2. Revenge of the Fallen3. Mummy 34. Batman & Robin5. Iron Man 26. Pee Wee's Big Adventure7. Batman Returns8. Breaking Wind Part 19. Every Twilight Installment10. Dark of the Moon11. Halloween 2 (2009)12. Every single Tyler Perry film13. Movie 4314. A Good Day to Die Hard15. Every single Seltzerberg film16. Alice in Wonderland (2010)17. Ghost Rider 218. Fantastic 4 (2005)

I can think of so many worse movie than this, or is it just big budget? Season of the which, Hercules both deserve to be higher on that list than the likes of IM2, X men, Transformers 3. I'm not saying they are good movies, but the worst of all time? Come on. Edited by Jessie

Oft-hated director #1 makes his first appearance here, I wonder where his other movies will place  :huh:

#34,14 points (53 rank sum):

Pearl Harbor

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Pearl Harbor follows the story of two best friends, Rafe and Danny, and their love lives as they go off to join the war.

Member blurb

DAR: There was no need to add the love story in this, you could make a compelling movie without it. C- 

Critic blurb

David Hunter, Hollywood Reporter

Mostly tests one's patience with unseaworthy dialogue and performers drowning in oily cliches.

Trivia

According to Michael Bay on his DVD commentary, after the film came out and the critics savaged the love story, he was deeply touched when he received hundreds of letters from people who felt the love story rang completely true for the tone of the film, and was an integral part of the atmosphere of the movie. Bay says that most of these letters came from older people, including many Pearl Harbor survivors.

I love this.