iceroll

BOT's 36 Worst Films of All Time - Ceremony Complete! Master List on Page 1.

I'm not going to go off on how Batman Returns is a masterpiece (it is though) or how the vast majority of these films are at the very worst competently made, but the fact that TCM 2003 made the list (a movie I'm indifferent to) over TCM: The Beginning kind of epitomizes what's wrong with this list.

• Like 3

Posted Image

#1,55 points:

The Dark Knight

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:o Was there really that much backlash???

Synopsis

When Batman, Gordon and Harvey Dent launch an assault on the mob, they let the clown out of the box, the Joker, bent on turning Gotham on itself and bringing any heroes down to his level.

Member blurb
The Panda:
I don't understand the love for TDK trilogy or Nolan in General, he makes good movies but they tend to lack actual substance and depth and instead just provide a big epic scale and an illusion of depth.

Critic blurb

Joe Morgenstern , Wall Street Journal:
Christopher Nolan's latest exploration of the Batman mythology steeps its muddled plot in so much murk that the Joker's maniacal nihilism comes to seem like a recurrent grace note.

Trivia

The first film to be ranked #1 on the IMDb within two days of its theatrical release.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 7

I have too, and I put Sucker Punch, 300, and Man of Steel all on my list simply because I can't stand Snyder at all.

Well, your opinion is your opinion.  I just disagree with it.  

• Like 1

Posted Image

#1,55 points:

The Dark Knight

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

When Batman, Gordon and Harvey Dent launch an assault on the mob, they let the clown out of the box, the Joker, bent on turning Gotham on itself and bringing any heroes down to his level.

Member blurb
The Panda:
I don't understand the love for TDK trilogy or Nolan in General, he makes good movies but they tend to lack actual substance and depth and instead just provide a big epic scale and an illusion of depth.

Critic blurb

Christopher Nolan's latest exploration of the Batman mythology steeps its muddled plot in so much murk that the Joker's maniacal nihilism comes to seem like a recurrent grace note.

Trivia

The first film to be ranked #1 on the IMDb within two days of its theatrical release.

Absolutely deserving of the number one spot.  Ledger's performance is so over rated.  I fucking hate this film.

• Like 6

Posted Image

#1,55 points:

The Dark Knight

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Synopsis

Member blurb
The Panda:

Critic blurb

Trivia

Posted Image

Well played.

• Like 2

I am glad I wasn't a part of this stupid disaster. I feel ASHAMED of being a part of this forum after this. There is some serious stupid, hating people in here that don't know the meaning of worst.

• Like 9

What do you mean, "real #1"?  Of course TDK was voted as the worst.  :ph34r:

Last Airbender not being on this list would be an absolute travesty.

I'm conflicted, while a Shyamalan film (especially Last Airbender) definitely deserves a spot, so does an Adam Sandler film.  It's just not a worst of all time list without Shyamalan or Sandler.

Given all the complaining so far I bet some people would think that TDK would be right in line for #1 :P

(Actual) #1,43 points:

The Last Airbender

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm happy this was #1, yea sure some people might think that the other, more obscure movies are more deserving of the "worst" spot, but for anyone who was a fan of the TV series Avatar: The Last Airbender, it was like M. Night literally took a shit in your mouth during the entire movie watching experience.

Synopsis

The story follows the adventures of Aang, a young successor to a long line of Avatars, who must put his childhood ways aside and stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations.

Member blurb
Iceroll:
Posted Image

Critic blurb

Lou Lumenick, New York Post:
Stilted dialogue, wooden acting, glacial pacing, cheesy special effects, tacky-looking sets, ugly costumes, poorly staged and edited action sequences, all shown in murky, cut-rate 3-D.

Trivia

Tied with The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010) for the most Razzie nominations at the 2011 Razzie Awards, the award show honoring the worst motion pictures of the year. Each film had nine nominations. Airbender was nominated for every category besides Worst Actor and Worst Actress. The movie ended up winning five of the Razzies it was nominated for, including Worst Picture of the year. One of those awards was won by actor Jackson Rathbone, who appeared in both films and thus, was awarded the Worst Supporting Actor trophy for that year.

Edited by Catching Iceroll
  • Like 5