fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

Is there an objective biography of Walt Disney out there? I'd love to read one.

I'd give Walt by Neal Gabler a try. Walt's daughter didn't care for it, but Disney did sell it at the theme parks and Gabler did have access to the archives.

Is it insane that 4 movies have a legitmate shot at $25 million this weekend? (Frozen, Hobbit 2, Wolf and Anchorman 2) with 2 others potentially being able to top $20 million (Mitty and Hustle) not to mention 3 OTHERS possibly being able to top $15 million?!? (Banks, Ronin and Grudge) with Catching Fire, Dinosaurs, Mandela, Madea and Believe all having a shot at over $5 million?!?!!! 

The top two could also get over $30 million EACH (Frozen and Hobbit 2) 

This Christmas will be huge in a big way!  :) and seeing 4-6 different Christmas releases have a shot at $100 million does my heart good  :wub:

• Like 4

Is it insane that 4 movies have a legitmate shot at $25 million this weekend? (Frozen, Hobbit 2, Wolf and Anchorman 2) with 2 others potentially being able to top $20 million (Mitty and Hustle) not to mention 3 OTHERS possibly being able to top $15 million?!? (Banks, Ronin and Grudge) with Catching Fire, Dinosaurs, Mandela, Madea and Believe all having a shot at over $5 million?!?!!! 

The top two could also get over $30 million EACH (Frozen and Hobbit 2) 

This Christmas will be huge in a big way!  :) and seeing 4-6 different Christmas releases have a shot at $100 million does my heart good  :wub:

My current top 7 for the weekend is insane. I got three over 30M (Hobbit, Wolf, and Anchorman 2,) two over 25M (Mitty and Frozen,) and two over 20M (Hustle and Ronin.) IDK if it's possibly, but hey, I'm optimistic!

• Like 2

My current top 7 for the weekend is insane. I got three over 30M (Hobbit, Wolf, and Anchorman 2,) two over 25M (Mitty and Frozen,) and two over 20M (Hustle and Ronin.) IDK if it's possibly, but hey, I'm optimistic!

I would love it if all of that happened. :D

• Like 1

Fine, from what I've seen this year in theaters/Redbox...1. Gravity2. Fast and Furious 62. Captain Phillips3. Catching Fire4. American Hustle5. Despicable Me 26. This is the End7. Monsters U8. Star Trek 29. Great Gatsby10. Iron Man 311. Man of Steel12. Thor 213. Olympus Has Fallen14. World War Z15. Now You See Me16. Pacific Rim17. Identity Theft18. Croods19. 21 and Over20. Grown Ups 221. OzSo yeah, obviously still ALOT of movies I need to watch in theaters and/or on Redbox.

To add to this, movies that were really good IMO but missed a spot:

Man of Steel

Thor: The Dark World

Oz, The Great and Powerful

Prisoners

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Instructions Not Included

Fast and Furious 6

derp, I missed Walter Mitty on this list. Must've copied-and-pasted an older list.

My top 20(right now) are:

1. Frozen

2. Captain Phillips

3. This is the End

4. Saving Mr. Banks

5. The World's End

6. The Way Way Back

7. Star Trek: Into Darkness

8. Pacific Rim

9. Catching Fire

10. The Hobbit: DOS

11. Mud

12. Anchorman 2

13. Gravity

14. Thor: Dark World

15. The Wolverine

16. Pain & Gain

17. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

18. Now You See Me

19. Monsters University

20. The Great Gatsby

I updated my list to a top 20 as I thought it would be better than leaving it at just a top 15 like I had it at. ^_^

This list will really change after I see all the movie from 2013 that I want to see. Also, I forgot from my other post, I really want to see Inside Llewyn Davis before making my final list.

Edited by Empire

Except for Short Term 12, I've seen everything I needed to see to make my 20. 

1. Inside Llewyn Davis 

2. Before Midnight

3. Her

4. The Wolf of Wall Street

5. Gravity

6. 12 Years a Slave

7. The Act of Killing

8. Upstream Color

9. All Is Lost

10. Spring Breakers

11. Stories We Tell 

12. Captain Phillips 

13. The World's End 

14. Nebraska  

15. Mud

16. This is the End 

17. Frozen 

18. Blue Jasmine

19. Rush

20. Frances Ha 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

My list:

1. Movies that I can see hundreds of time and more and never get bored.

MOS, DOS and Olympus

2. Movies that I see one time and I hope never again

Pacific rim (crap), Gravity (boring), Elysium (crap), Lone Ranger (mega crap), White house down (mega crap), Captain Philips (mega boring)

:lol:

There is a lot of movies that I really liked, but once a year seeing it is enuf !

Edited by tilko