fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

As for Frozen, it had an increase and many of us said it would not.  So it has bucked the trend and increased on CD as opposed to decreasing.  300, imo, is now locked for it.

• Like 2

I don't mind trashy movie but GROWN UPS 2 is just dull. I would consider bad movies like COMMANDO, ACE VENTURA, and those JACKASS movies preferable to GU2. JACKASS' scatological jokes are really disgusting but you can't deny these folks have more imagination than the people behind GU2.

You say left i say right

FROZEN will hit above $260M but will miss $300M.

How many movies have the potential to hit $300M this year

but miss it?

IMO Man of Steel would've easily crossed 300m if WB flipped the opening with Pac Rim.  The competition in the weeks after Pac Rim was pretty ho hum compared to what Man of Steel faced the weeks after its release.  

As for the new releases-Im laughing thinking of the elderly people going into Wolf and totally getting blindsided by the huge 3 hour hardcore party flick they got themselves into.  Im secretly rooting for Ronin (keanu fan) and Im glad it didn't absolutely flop-though it's going to lose a lot of money at least it can hopefully stay away form bomb of the year - Lone Ranger and RIPD

Edited by holcs

IMO Man of Steel would've easily crossed 300m if WB flipped the opening with Pac Rim.  The competition in the weeks after Pac Rim was pretty ho hum compared to what Man of Steel faced the weeks after its release.  

As for the new releases-Im laughing thinking of the elderly people going into Wolf and totally getting blindsided by the huge 3 hour hardcore party flick they got themselves into.  Im secretly rooting for Ronin (keanu fan) and Im glad it didn't absolutely flop-though it's going to lose a lot of money at least it can hopefully stay away form bomb of the year - Lone Ranger and RIPD

TLR will probably make more money than Ronin.  So if it's a massive flop, then so is Ronin.

TLR will probably make more money than Ronin.  So if it's a massive flop, then so is Ronin.

Oh yeah, I know I figure TLR will do more but TLR had a larger budget right? 300m to 220m...or something like that, not positive.  Baumer what do you think Ronin will end up doing domestically after that CD?  Prob hard to know really till after the weekend numbers

And good god TLR was bad imo-going to see Ronin in the next few days-I don't think there's any way I could like it less than TLR-tho reviews have been pretty brutal haa

Edited by holcs

So Variety says 8.9m which would be great for Smaug (just under 70%) and Nikki says 9-9.5 (even with Wolf) which would be brilliant.

No Rth it seems so we'll have to wait a few more hours for estimates to start trickling in.

went to RT & that Bieber movie has 1 review :lol:

So Variety says 8.9m which would be great for Smaug (just under 70%) and Nikki says 9-9.5 (even with Wolf) which would be brilliant.

must.stay.pessimistic.

no.matter.what 

im afraid to start celebrating :D

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1

so top 10 could be1. Wolf 9,32. Smaug 8,53. Anchor 8,14. Hustle 7,55. Mitty 7,56. Ronin 6,37. Frozen 6,08. Banks 5,29. Grudge 4,010. ?

If I've read right, Nicki said DOS at 9-9.5m...BTW, ronin 6.3m is ok to me. 50-60m DOM is the floor now, IMHO