Neo

Despicable Me 3 | June 30, 2017 | First Trailer on Page 9

4 minutes ago, James said:

You know what I find funny? The fact that some people here state 'Pixar being quality' as a FACT. LMAO. It is about taste. Pixar made only one truly great film so far imo. The fact that you like them means only that. If you bring me the critic argument, which means a majority likes it, then I will bring you the money argument. DM is the biggest animation franchise in history on a WW level. And like it or not, Minions had some insane legs OS. And yeah, SLOP is the best animation of last year and one of the best ever. As an adult, it kept me entertained as hell (which most animated films cannot do) and appealed to the animal lover in me. Illumination truly is the smartest studio out there. You know why? Because generally speaking, american animations (I call the  that to differentiate them from animes, where the true quality lies) are made for kids. You can't expect parents or adults in general to be as entertained by an animation as the kids. So you appeal to them by bringing in universal values: humor, love for animals etc. 

Like it or not, western animations can't treat deep themes  too well, simply because they have to keep their rating and they have to make everything understandable by kids. Saying Pixar makes deep movies is hilarious.    

Lmao, SLOP was the worst animated movie in a strong crop of animated films last year.

4 minutes ago, James said:

You know what I find funny? The fact that some people here state 'Pixar being quality' as a FACT. LMAO. It is about taste. Pixar made only one truly great film so far imo. The fact that you like them means only that. If you bring me the critic argument, which means a majority likes it, then I will bring you the money argument. DM is the biggest animation franchise in history on a WW level. And like it or not, Minions had some insane legs OS. And yeah, SLOP is the best animation of last year and one of the best ever. As an adult, it kept me entertained as hell (which most animated films cannot do) and appealed to the animal lover in me. Illumination truly is the smartest studio out there. You know why? Because generally speaking, american animations (I call the  that to differentiate them from animes, where the true quality lies) are made for kids. You can't expect parents or adults in general to be as entertained by an animation as the kids. So you appeal to them by bringing in universal values: humor, love for animals etc. 

Like it or not, western animations can't treat deep themes  too well, simply because they have to keep their rating and they have to make everything understandable by kids. Saying Pixar makes deep movies is hilarious.    

Perfect reasoning! Only Harry Potter fans...

:P

P.S. the only part that I disagree with is that I believe there are deep western animations. (Although not many)

I found IO extremely deep.

But all in all Anime>>>>

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao, SLOP was the worst animated movie in a strong crop of animated films last year.

Norm of The North is way worst than any animated film last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James said:

This. Pretty much this.

Now, i love Pixar and grew up with some of their first movies, but that doesn't mean that just Pixar is the only good animation studio. I even also happen to love some animated films from other studios, like BlueSky, Dreamworks, Illumination and several other Non-Disney films as well.

I grew up with several Dreamworks animated movies like the Shrek-films, Madagascar-films, Kung Fu Panda-films and many more. Even the BlueSky-films like the Ice Age-films. It's all just opinion-based. 

Dreamworks Animation can also show that they can make movies that could easily challenge Pixar. How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, The Prince of Egypt, Road to El Dorado, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

This. Pretty much this.

Now, i love Pixar and grew up with some of their first movies, but that doesn't mean that just Pixar is the only good animation studio. I even also happen to love some animated films from other studios, like BlueSky, Dreamworks, Illumination and several other Non-Disney films as well.

I grew up with several Dreamworks animated movies like the Shrek-films, Madagascar-films, Kung Fu Panda-films and many more. Even the BlueSky-films like the Ice Age-films. It's all just opinion-based. 

Dreamworks Animation can also show that they can make movies that could easily challenge Pixar. How to Train Your Dragon, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda, The Prince of Egypt, Road to El Dorado, etc.

NOBODY IS SAYING DISNEY IS THE ONLY GOOD STUDIO; WE'RE JUST SAYING ILLUMINATION ISN'T GOOD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You do realize NORM OF THE NORTH and THE WILD LIFE came out last year?

That said, the idea that PG-movies can't handle deep themes is utterly hilarious. Even considering the films of LAIKA and Studio Ghibli, not to mention most GKIDS fare, it's mostly PG if not G.

• Like 3

Just now, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

You do realize NORM OF THE NORTH and THE WILD LIFE came out last year?

That said, the idea that PG-movies can't handle deep themes is utterly hilarious. Even considering the films of LAIKA and Studio Ghibli, not to mention most GKIDS fare, it's mostly PG if not G.

James is the guy who thinks nearly every movie that wasn't made this millennium is bad :lol: 

I'm kind of mixed on Illumination. I don't hate it with a burning passion like @WrathOfHan but I'm not supporting mediocrity either. DM1, DM2, and Sing are good films, Lorax I actually like, the rest range from mediocre to trash. (Pets > Minions > Hop).

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

James is the guy who thinks nearly every movie that wasn't made this millennium is bad :lol: 

I don't think that's the  case but even If it is,

Doesn't he have the right to?

You seem so willing to share your opinion and at the same time you are not respecting what the others have to say.

• Like 1