Lordmandeep

MOS vs IM3

MOS vs IM3  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Better film

I really didn't like MOS and I blame that on the marketing. Them awesome trailers got my hyped, it was easily my most anticipated movie of the last few years and I'm not even a Superman fan. Unfortunately the movie didn't live up to my expectation at all which is a shame because had it been as good as it look, I honestly think it would have one the year (domestically). I know RT doesn't necessarily impact a film's gross but to show how great the marketing was, MOS was the first non - sequel to hit 290m which a rotten RT score since Transformers, and in no way did it have the WOM Transformers had, it was also coming off the not-so-loved SR.

Edited by Jessie

Yeah, that's quite a victory for a movie that disapeared off the radar after 30 days like MOS did.. Hell, IM3 hung in there all summer long, while MOS came, went by, no one gave a fuck(and that was WITH Nolan's involvement) and moved on..

Where is this summer stretch you're talking about, because last I checked, IM3 dropped just as fast as MOS with an even weaker multiplier.

Hell, after digesting the content of both films, it looks like MOS left a bigger impact:

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-sellers/2013-top-25-selling-blu-ray-discs

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-sellers/2013-top-25-sellers-dvd-blu-ray

Posted Image

Trailers: MoS >> IM3

Movie: IM3 > MoS

IM3's action sequences were much more entertaining, and IM3 had some good humor.

MoS I got too hyped for, and the 2nd half was just one eternal fight after another, with the random plot of destroying the Earth with that drill thing.

Where is this summer stretch you're talking about, because last I checked, IM3 dropped just as fast as MOS with an even weaker multiplier.

Hell, after digesting the content of both films, it looks like MOS left a bigger impact:

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-sellers/2013-top-25-selling-blu-ray-discs

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/top-sellers/2013-top-25-sellers-dvd-blu-ray

Posted Image

Well if you add that 12 m wall mart gross onto MOS OW (which should have been the case) then MOS has a worse multiplier.

Trailers: MoS >> IM3 Movie: IM3 > MoS IM3's action sequences were much more entertaining, and IM3 had some good humor.MoS I got too hyped for, and the 2nd half was just one eternal fight after another, with the random plot of destroying the Earth with that drill thing.

MOS had the best trailers of the year. It's box office run shows this considering it wasn't that well received.

Yeah, I'm still going for Man of Steel here. I consider Iron Man 3 an abominable piece of trash. I found Grown Ups 2 more entertaining than Iron Man 3, to be honest.

:lol:

I didn't care much for IM3, but I would never go this far. I have not seen GU2, but I don't believe there is anyway it can be better than IM3.

Last time I checked, IM3 grossed 1.2 Billion and MOS?? Well, it barely made what?? That's right, the movie was long forgotten for anyone to care how much it made.. Within a 30 day period of MOS release, it was swept under the rug not to be heard of while IM3 was still going strong in 2nd run theatres..

You guys should give up comparing those two movies. You cannot do that.

Family movies vs Serious Movie

Sequel to two 300M movies and a 600M movies (the last one being well received) vs Reboot following a badly received movie that flopped world wide.

It's like comparing apples with oranges. The only thing they've got in common is the fact that they're fruits.

• Like 1

Last time I checked, IM3 grossed 1.2 Billion and MOS?? Well, it barely made what?? That's right, the movie was long forgotten for anyone to care how much it made.. Within a 30 day period of MOS release, it was swept under the rug not to be heard of while IM3 was still going strong in 2nd run theatres..

And barely making 100k per weekend while MOS was making 350K at the same time.  Again, where are these strong legs you keep talking about?

And for the record, since you love box office facts so much, MOS out grossed every phase 1 film of Marvel's, including the first IM sequel.  You can try to skew the facts all you want, but in no way was MOS a financial failure, which is more than you can say for other films of the genre *cough*NortonHulk*hack*.

But like I said before, I don't care about either film or any CBM at this point.  The entire genre from this moment on could fall into oblivion for all the mod edits I give.

I find this argument over MOS and Im3 legs hilarious.

Simply put.. 

MOS is an origin film and had bad legs like a sequel.

IM3 had bad legs as well but it was a sequel.

Simple as that. 

Both films got very impressive openings and rather impressive box office totals in the end. 

I will say 2013 was a rather down year for comic book films.

Thor 2 and IM3 I was expecting decent or good films at best but Man of Steel was no doubt a let down based on Nolans so called involvement, impressive trailers and look. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Convenient that you say June 2013 was very crowded as you also ignored that May 2013 had a lot of competition as well as May 2013 FYI was the biggest on record as well like June was.

Funny enough I also brought that argument back in June that MOS would not have great legs because of competition...

but was dismissed as MOS would have great legs because it would be a great film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Convenient that you say June 2013 was very crowded as you also ignored that May 2013 had a lot of competition as well as May 2013 FYI was the biggest on record as well like June was.

Funny enough I also brought that argument back in June that MOS would not have great legs because of competition...

but was dismissed as MOS would have great legs because it would be a great film. 

So the answer is yes? Okay then. 

No tell me how does an origin film have very poor legs compared to all other superhero origin film if it was well liked.  

Because of the competition... IM3 dropped plenty once it had to go up against Star Trek, but it had a good spot as summer opener and had non-factor Gatsby in its second weekend that gave it a solid 14 days to itself. You turned out to be right. MoS dropped because of the competition. So did it drop because of the tough competition, or did it drop because everyone hated it? You can't have it both ways.