kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Looking at it, Shrek 2's gross is really astonishing. 441M, without 3D, and in 2004 no less. Gonna be a while till we see another animated movie get pass that. Maybe a long while.

True, Shrek 2's run was sensational. Too bad the 3rd and 4th movies tarnished the brand.

• Like 2

It's going to be around 300M after next weekend, making another 68M to pass DM2 is definitely possible. Tangled made another 30M after NY's weekend and right now Frozen is making nearly 6 times as much as Tangled. Lead over Tangled has ballooned to 91M and at the rate it's going 400M might now be out of the question but more realistic target would be 370M.  :D

I'm following your countdown closely. Maybe you should set some new targets.

Almost universally bad numbers for all films, this is a shocking unprecedented Friday after Christmas. I cant find a worse Friday after Christmas in the last 11 years. If it wasn't for Frozen I might actually be crying....

• Like 1

How about FINDING DORY?

Definitely has a chance. Big one at that, especially with inclusion of 3D. In terms of tickets sold though, I don't think we'll see any animations getting that far anytime soon.

• Like 1

Looking at it, Shrek 2's gross is really astonishing. 441M, without 3D, and in 2004 no less. Gonna be a while till we see another animated movie get pass that. Maybe a long while.

Posted Image

Find Dory is going to be absolutely massive, Finding Nemo is was an absolutely sensational film and Pixar have prooven with Toy Story 3 they can do sequels right.

• Like 1

Almost universally bad numbers for all films, this is a shocking unprecedented Friday after Christmas. I cant find a worse Friday after Christmas in the last 11 years. If it wasn't for Frozen I might actually be crying....

Sure, but look at it this way, after Friday December will be at around 820m, surely there'll be some jumps on Saturday so by then 890m, last year up to the 28th, it was just under 800m. That's a pretty massive improvement. There's a very good chance of breaking the December record.
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Find Dory is going to be absolutely massive, Finding Nemo is was an absolutely sensational film and Pixar have prooven with Toy Story 3 they can do sequels right.

Yeah, like I mentioned above, Finding Dory has a big chance. But well, another 3 years, that's still "for a while"  :P