CaptainJackSparrow

Transformers Age of Extinction: 1.05B (300 mil in China!!)

In Chinese box office forum, people had discussed it since TF3.

I still think Transformers 4 can do 300 in NA, but the way people are talking, it could do that much in China as well.

• Like 1

Sure I understand that. But TF3 did well China, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Singapore. So it will probably do well there again. And then of course there's South Korea.***I'm just comparing the box office of Trf3 with that of Avatar. It actually did better than Avatar in some Asian markets. So that's why I use the logic that "it did well" in those markets.

There is no doubt that Trf3 did better in Asia relative to Europe, there is no one arguing that. It's also certain that Trf4 will also do relatively better in Asia. The question is how Trf4 will do in relation to Trf3 in the same country.

Edited by Tower

In China? $60m is a lock IMO unless a significant movie opens against it. Maybe $65-70m depending on the showtimes it gets.

It'll open to 60 mill?  So you think it can get a 5X and hit 300 total?

• Like 1

By comparison

There were about 8,000 screens in July 2011, including about 30 IMAX screens.

There are about 20,000 screens in March 2014, including about 140 IMAX screens.

So it could easily double TF3.

• Like 1

I am not optimistic about such huge openings and such huge totals. Regarding opening, the highest single day gross for any movie so far is less than $20m. Even if it averages $30m every day, it won't reach 100m (assuming 3-day opening). Now, if Chinese exhibitors kindly decide to give all screens to TF3, that is another matter altogether.