Lordmandeep

May 2007 Debacle! Discuss and The Best of the Three Films?

Best of Three?   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Best of Three films of May 2007

I didn't hate Spider-man 3.  It wasn't as good as 2 and 3 but it was entertaining.

Pirates, after the first, was disappointing imo.

Shrek 2 and 3, same thing.

So my vote goes to Spidey.

• Like 1

I hate Shrek 3 with a passion. It took everything that was good about the first two, and thought that bigger would have been the better course of action. Unfortunately the larger amount of potty humor and shoehorned in pop culture references were just incredibly annoying. And they committed the cardinal sin of wasting Eric Idle! I'm just glad the fourth was a big improvement.

• Like 1

Never been a fan of Shrek franchise so I haven't watched Shrek 3.Between SM3 and POTC3, it's a toss up for me. They're both just bad, a mess of a movie. But I gotta admit, really entertaining. Dancing Emo Peter would probably win it all but other stuff in SM3 drag it down. So as a whole, I'd go with Pirates 3 this time. Pirates wins out. Not that it's something to be proud about of course.

Edited by Sam

• Founder / Operator

Honest opinion?

Spider-Man 3 starts out aiming high and, IMHO, has some character moments that rank among the best of the series. Church's Sandman was well-executed and would have served as a solid villain without the distraction that became Venom. It goes downhill fast once Brock becomes a focal point and Mary Jane and Harry have their little tryst. First half of the film is a solid B+ for me. (Faint praise, hah.)

Shrek the Third... eh, I can take it or leave it. It's my least favorite of the series but it has its moments.

Pirates: AWE is a glorious mess. Throw away one or two of the plot twists, Calypso, and Elizabeth's "who do I really love?" subplot, and that movie would have been a good send-off for the trilogy.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 2

The only one I've seen is Pirates 3 and all I remember 7 years later is the part where that voodoo witch doctor or whatever chick turns into a skyscraper and explodes into crabs.  What the fuck was that?

Shrek 2 was the last animation movie I've seen.

I've only seen Spiderman 1 and parts of the second on TV.

Edited by Ozymandias