lilmac

Most Overrated Movies of 2014

It says a lot about this forum that, despite both being opened at the same time, the 2014 Overrated Movies thread is nearly 3 times as big as the 2014 Underrated thread....

• Like 1

This years top: The LEGO MovieDon't get me wrong, its a great movie but 96% on RT, the amount of A+ rating since seen for this and that its gross is bigger than films such as walle are just some of the reasons why this is overrated

Lego Movie > Wall EBut Lego movie is a tad overrated.
  • Like 1

The Lego Movie is the most overrated, overstimated and over-whatever-you-want movie ever. It isn't an original movie, it's full of reycicled brands and characters. It's simply boring. It's only marketing.

Edited by edroger
  • Like 1

It says a lot about this forum that, despite both being opened at the same time, the 2014 Overrated Movies thread is nearly 3 times as big as the 2014 Underrated thread....

I said something similar for the 2012 version of this thread.  LOL.  In general, it's also why you hear more negative than positive comments about movies.

Godzilla -- You've heard me talk about it. Not good.

Edge of Tomorrow -- Dreary and utterly unmemorable scifi tosh. 

Venus in Fur -- Not Roman Polanski's best in years like they keep saying. Still worth seeing for Emmanuelle Seigner. 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- You've heard me talk about it. 

Like Father Like Son -- Just didn't connect with me. Also a bit oversimplified in my opinion. 

Stranger by The Lake -- Nonsense. It's just a bunch of men having sex on a beach, which is fine, but there also needs to be an decent story with characters you are interested in. 

The LEGO Movie -- Yes. I really like The LEGO Movie, it's funny and smart and nicely animated, but I'm a little baffled by it's orgasmic reception. It's good but come on, get over it. 

DOFP is a strong, but I'm not quite buying the love that it has from a lot of people. Quicksilver is perfect, though, but I felt like the movie needed more, especially with the supporting characters in the future. It's a solid B in my eyes.

The Lego Movie is the most overrated, overstimated and over-whatever-you-want movie ever. It isn't an original movie, it's full of reycicled brands and characters. It's simply boring. It's only marketing.

Posted Image

• Like 6

Godzilla -- You've heard me talk about it. Not good.

Edge of Tomorrow -- Dreary and utterly unmemorable scifi tosh. 

Venus in Fur -- Not Roman Polanski's best in years like they keep saying. Still worth seeing for Emmanuelle Seigner. 

Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- You've heard me talk about it. 

Like Father Like Son -- Just didn't connect with me. Also a bit oversimplified in my opinion. 

Stranger by The Lake -- Nonsense. It's just a bunch of men having sex on a beach, which is fine, but there also needs to be an decent story with characters you are interested in. 

The LEGO Movie -- Yes. I really like The LEGO Movie, it's funny and smart and nicely animated, but I'm a little baffled by it's orgasmic reception. It's good but come on, get over it. 

Maybe because it was so good I literally had an orgasm watching it.

• Like 2

Oculus- seriously is this scary just watching nothing happen in the film we just a troubling married couple like we give a fuck and then we get this annoying bitch who wants to go back and then she gets what is coming to her at the end and the dumbass annoying ass brother gets arrested if I want to watch a horror movie I can watch something from last year like The Conjuring not this bullshit if I want to see a movie about mirrors I can watch Mirrors which is a way better movie than this piece of motherfucking shit fuck this movie I hope it dies and I never want to see near my face AGAIN!!