lilmac

Most Overrated Movies of 2014

LEGO by far. It was good, though not as much the 2nd or 3rd time, but yeah, not the 2nd coming of animation that many here think it is. I feel like most of its gross was the Lego novelty rather than the movie itself.

I agree with half of your statement. I don't think LEGO is overrated, but it definitely wasn't as good the second time around. I gave it a 9.5 the first time, and maybe an 8/8.5 the second time.

LEGO by far. It was good, though not as much the 2nd or 3rd time, but yeah, not the 2nd coming of animation that many here think it is. I feel like most of its gross was the Lego novelty rather than the movie itself.

No, LEGO's WoM was strong, if it was just novelty then it couldn't have made nearly 260m in February.
  • Like 1

I feel like the general consensus around it is a 6/10, though.

It has a strange consesus for sure. Haven't seen it yet but 3 people i know saw it and told me one that it was terrible and stupid, the other that it was stupid but fun and the last one that it was amazing and very original. 

• Like 1

I feel like the general consensus around it is a 6/10, though.

While it should be 1/10. The movie is total gibberish. No structure, the character faces no adversity, she has no enemies that can endanger her. The movie is a total mess in terms of stucture, character and world building. 

Guardians of the Galaxy and Godzilla 

Since you are here, and since you missed Noctis bumping thread, I just thought I'd get your reaction to being made to look really silly in the Hobbit (2012) thread.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/3846-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-over-18b-ww-deadline-1212-12am/page-17

Edited by baumer

Since you are here, and since you missed Noctis bumping thread, I just thought I'd get your reaction to being made to look really silly in the Hobbit (2012) thread.

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/3846-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-over-18b-ww-deadline-1212-12am/page-17

I already admitted when it came out that Hobbit didn't reach any of the expectations it had before release. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

It has a strange consesus for sure. Haven't seen it yet but 3 people i know saw it and told me one that it was terrible and stupid, the other that it was stupid but fun and the last one that it was amazing and very original. 

Most people seem to prefer Limitless.

• Like 1

Haven't seen anything I would actually call overrated (or underrated, for that matter), but if I had to pick one I guess I would say The Grand Budapest Hotel? I really liked it a lot but outside of Ralph Fiennes (who knew someone who has made a career out of playing such sinister characters could be so effortlessly funny?) and the astonishing production values, it didn't wow me or anything.

Edited by filmlover

No, LEGO's WoM was strong, if it was just novelty then it couldn't have made nearly 260m in February.

Doesnt matter the month, we've never seen anything like that. It's a lot of novelty factor. Yeah it had a lot of WOM, but curiosity as well. If Lego 2 gets anywhere near Lego 1, I will clip all my toenails, put them in a bowl, fill it with mayonnaise, and eat it like granola yogurt. And its still overrated. Not even in L&M's top 3.
  • Like 1