LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

Ehh.. Okey i guess..Can we hope for 100% increases today for some movies?To high right

At most 70% increases if last year is a good indicator. I expect Frozen to have a muted increase tomorrow, 15-25% and then a big increase Saturday. DoS should play out fairly similar to AUJ (35%)

Edited by eXtacy

How strong of a day is the day after New Years usually?  Is an increase expected on Friday, or will films likely continue the tapering off I'll be it likely slower?

IMO

The Friday will see increases in the 15-30% range

The Saturday will see increases in the 40-50% range

The Sunday will see drops in the 30-40% range

• Like 1

DOS

5.5M

8M

5M

18.5M

At most 70% increases if last year is a good indicator. I expect Frozen to have a muted increase tomorrow, 15-25% and then a big increase Saturday. DoS should play out fairly similar to AUJ (35%)

Hope you're right, but I prefer to look at 2002 numbers. In Holidays one day up or down is a big difference, IMHO

• Like 1

Frozen has been following Chamber of Secrets quite closely last 5 days, if it follows to the weekend it could gross as low as 17m. I don't think it will since Frozen seems to set its own trends but it is a possibility.

• Like 1

If Frozen does follow a typical increase from last year, then it won't have a big increase Friday, so perhaps it will be more like this:

Fri:  6.75

Sat:  8.6

Sun:  6

So 20 mill is possible, but then again, so is 17.

• Like 1

Wolf has been a couple of hundred thousand better than Hustle in the last few days. Doubt it'll be enough to beat it, especially with the inevitable Oscar noms, but it could be a fun rivalry.

I'm starting to think Wolf will be nominated for a lot of oscars.  The academy marches to the beat of their own drum and Marty is someone they love.  This race isn't over yet.