DeeCee

WTF Casting in a Movie

Also Daniel Craig in Elizabeth. Did a double take when I noticed that on HBO the other day.Also Daniel Craig in Tomb Raider and Gerard Butler in Tomb Raider II. Both before they got famous.

Yea, I remember seeing Gerard Butler in TR2 and it surprised me.

I know he's not ultra famous but when I saw Tiny Lister as the big convict on the boat who threw away the detonator to blow up the other boat, it kind of shocked me as well.  You guys might not know him but he was in a ton of movies, albeit in small roles, during the 80's and 90's.  Films like Armed and Dangerous, Extreme Prejudice, Posse, Runaway Train and many, many others.  I've enjoyed his work over the years but then he just kinda disappeared a bit until I saw him in TDK.  

Realizing Vin Diesel was in Saving Private Ryan after he became famous with Fast and Furious and Triple X.

Maybe I'm misreading your statement, but SPR came out in 98 and those movies came out after 2001, no? Or did you mean that you realized he was in the movie after you saw him rise to fame in FandF and XXX?

I was surprised when i saw that Dean Norris (aka Hank Schrader for the Breaking Bad fans) was in Total Recall. I mean i've seen the movie a bunch of times but i never made the connection.

Well, he is a mutant.Tony: You got a lot of nerve showing your face around here, Hauser.Douglas Quaid: Look who's talking. Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

If we talk about surprises, I was actually surprised big time by Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder. I went into the movie blind and he had that fat bald old man get-up, playing a comedic role that's very different from most of his other works. Took me a while to realize it's him, lol.

• Like 3

Just realized re-watching it that Patton Oswalt was in Milos Forman's Man On The Moon for like 5 seconds on screen. (Didn't know him the first time I saw that movie several years back). He's having lunch at a Deli and asks his co-worker is that Andy Kaufman (played by Jim Carrey) working as a waiter over there. And that guy from Man Of Steel that keeps on showing up as a third role in movies. You know the Daily Planet guy that tries to unsuccessfully sell his dates with basketball tickets at the end of the movie. He plays Kaufman's sibling.

And fuckin' Champ Kind from Anchorman alumni got one line as well. Whammy!

Edited by dashrendar44

Tim Robbins in Top Gun. Also noticing one of the guys in Top Gun was Theo from Die Hard and the guy in the beginning was Strickland from Back to the Future

I had no idea he was in Top Gun.

Tim Robbins was also the annoying guy who picked up John Cusack when he was hitchhiking in The Sure Thing.

Posted Image

Lol I watched Twister like ten times.

When I watched it again I was lol Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in this? 

He did a good role though. 

Alan Ruck, from Ferris Bueller is in it too.