• Man of Steel
    • Iron Man 3
    • OZ
    • Pacific Rim
    • Star Trek 2
    • Thor 2
    • Anchorman 2
    • This Is The End

Defination of Overhype: make exaggerated claims about (a product, idea, or event); publicize or promote excessively.

to advertise or praise something more than it deserves in newspapers, on television, online, etc., in order to make people excited about it and want to buy, try it, invest in it, etc.

Well folks are predicting 3.1-3.6billion for Juggernaut 2016 and that it will push the domestic and worldwide limits even further.C

Can we count The " Juggernaut 2016 as the most overhyped film of 2013" lol. After the predictions are off the charts.

Has any sequel been a lock for 2billion + lol

Well folks are predicting 3.1-3.6billion for Juggernaut 2016 and that it will push the domestic and worldwide limits even further.C

Can we count The " Juggernaut 2016 as the most overhyped film of 2013" lol. After the predictions are off the charts.

Has any sequel been a lock for 2billion + lol

What does this have to do with anything discussed in this thread?

My vote goes for Iron Man 3, by the way.

Gravity. It was well-done, well-acted and enjoyable, but not nearly the masterpiece the critics and other people claimed.

It wasn't really hyped though was it? Only internet geeks new of its existence a couple of months before release.

Perhaps for simplicities sake you might want to make two different polls. One for films that were overhyped critically and one for films that were overhyped commercially. Just to avoid confusion.

• Like 1

Perhaps for simplicities sake you might want to make two different polls. One for films that were overhyped critically and one for films that were overhyped commercially. Just to avoid confusion.

Yeah, MOS deserves to win this thread. It was a towering disappointment and easily looked like it was going to be the best film of the year.

Tough one:

This site: Star Trek Into Darkness (15 weeks it was the most anticipated movie including a period of 8 straight weeks)

Box office performance: Pacific Rim

Critical Reception: Man of Steel

IMDb Rating: Pacific Rim (well Oz and TITE were worse but I don't think they were that hyped)

So I'm going to go with Pacific Rim even though personally I would say Iron Man 3 (edit: for my own expectations)

Edited by Punishment

Defination of Overhype: make exaggerated claims about (a product, idea, or event); publicize or promote excessively.

to advertise or praise something more than it deserves in newspapers, on television, online, etc., in order to make people excited about it and want to buy, try it, invest in it, etc.

This just screams MOS, sorry but its true. I saw more advertising for this than any other movie all year.

Edited by Jessie

Baumer’s Summer Game Predictions:

Iron Man 3: Average Prediction 394m Actual Box Office: 409m (+4%)

Man of Steel: Average Prediction 290m Actual Box Office: 291m (on the nose)

Pacific Rim: Average Prediction: 174m Actual Box Office: 102m (-43%)

Star Trek Into Darkness: Average Prediction 318m Actual Box Office: 229m (-28%)

Edited by Punishment
  • Like 1