grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

Also it's a Spike Jonze movie, he doesn't have the most mainstream sensibilities, that's fine, but a studio should adjust the release pattern accordingly. Her, as is, seems like something that should have been rolled out more slowly, to limit costs and build positive WOM, so more "regular" people could be convinced it was okay.

To be fair, it was in limited release for three weeks and received a ton of awards buzz in the process. One could argue it might have opened better next weekend, the day after (very likely) receiving a BP nom, but there's already four other movies opening wide next weekend, and maybe just as many expanding after the nominations. Not sure there's a scenario in which it could have made substantially more money than it's gonna make at this point, but on the bright side, it'll probably have a great hold next weekend and eventually leg its way to $25m DOM or so. 

That's the problem when you do an "act" like he did.  Many people never found out it was a put-on.

Honestly, besides people like us, who really knew about it?  I know it got a lot of publicity, but over time, it fades.  He hasn't done a big studio movie since.  Let's see how Inherent Vice does.  I just think people have short memories.  In time no one will care what he did in the past. 

Frozen seems headed for around 13.7m, only a 30% drop from last weekend. 360m finish should happen.Hobbit seems headed for 265m while CF should finish with 425m.

OMG!!!!! I want to have a 4some with Thranduil, Katniss and Anna rn!!!

Frozen: $3.11m Fri

Big 185% jump and 19% better than what it would've done with a Tangled jump.  If it can keep it up it's looking at a 16.5M weekend. Let's see how it holds up for the weekend but I'm thinking 14.5 is the target and again be surprised if it keeps overperforming.  Still more than enough for #4 spot on the seventh weekend list and maybe even #3

Banks: $1.946m

Another good number.  Maybe a 6M+ weekend.

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 2

Not sure I've ever felt more differently about two expanding releases in one weekend. Her IMO is a masterpiece. August Osage IMO is an embarrassment.

I have a chance to see either Osage and Her today or a slight possibility of seeing Inside Llewyn Davis, Lone Survivor and Her today.  

I guess the latter would be your recommendation?

BTW....I'm half way done my list.  I'm hoping to get it completed before Globes start tomorrow.  

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/forum/11-a-few-of-my-favorite-things/

I have a chance to see either Osage and Her today or a slight possibility of seeing Inside Llewyn Davis, Lone Survivor and Her today. I guess the latter would be your recommendation?BTW....I'm half way done my list. I'm hoping to get it completed before Globes start tomorrow. http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/forum/11-a-few-of-my-favorite-things/

I think you will resonate with Her. It's a funny, unpretentious look at love and relationships. I also think you're gonma dislike August Osage as much as I did.