grim22

Weekend Estimates: LS - 38.5M | FZ - 15.1M | WoWS - 9M | Hercules - 8.6M | AH - 8.6M | Her - 5.4M

I haven't seen it, but my guess is because it shows the more heroic and/or righteous side of the military. That Act of Valor movie that came out two years ago was also a success through being pro-military.

That would be my guess most people in this country don't want war films to be overtly political or to portray the military in a negative light

Bad news for people planning on attending Comic-Con 2014 (aka the reveal of first footage from Avengers 2, Superman/Batman, possibly Star Wars and maybe TABA). 4 day badges will not be sold this year, only single day badges i.e. it will cost more on top of the prices already being increased.

On the bright side, this will possible give more people an opportunity to attend. Planning on trying for tickets this year, possibly won't get them but nothing wrong in trying  :)

Comic-Con International is making some changes in its registration and ticketing process for its 2014 San Diego expo, including eliminating the extremely popular four-day badges.

Only single-day badges will be sold for this year’s convention, which runs July 24-27 at San Diego’s waterfront convention center.

People who want to attend Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will have to purchase a badge for each day, Comic-Con explained on its website. Only those who purchase badges for all four days will be eligible to buy a badge for Wednesday’s Preview Night, which is not a stand-alone badge option. Attendees who purchase badges for all four days will be able to consolidate them into one four-day badge onsite.

Ticket prices have increased for 2014, with single-day badges for adults costing $35 for Preview Night, $45 for Thursday-Saturday badges (up from $42 in 2013) and $30 for Sunday (up from $24). People who attend all four days and Preview Night this year will pay $200; last year’s four-day badge with Preview Night cost $175. Minors age 13-17, seniors and U.S. military pay discounted prices. Children 12 and under are free with a paying adult.
Edited by grim22

Bad news for people planning on attending Comic-Con 2014 (aka the reveal of first footage from Avengers 2, Superman/Batman, possibly Star Wars and maybe TABA). 4 day badges will not be sold this year, only single day badges i.e. it will cost more on top of the prices already being increased.

On the bright side, this will possible give more people an opportunity to attend. Planning on trying for tickets this year, possibly won't get them but nothing wrong in trying  :)

That pretty much confirms Star Wars, Avengers 2 and Batman/Superman will indeed all have their first footage revealed on that event.

Why so much hate Tele?

A long time ago, when Tele was but a wee little whippersnapper, he got into a fight with a Chewbacca cosplayer in San Diego over the affections of a slave princess Leia. He was never the same after that incident.  To this day, a picture of a deranged Tele wiping blood and fur off his hands hangs in the San Diego convention center.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 6