CaptainJackSparrow

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes OS (500 mil OS!!)

$47m in china last weekend, and now it's at $72m.  That's a pretty steep drop.  About $10m during the week and $15m over its second weekend.  I don't think it'll get much past $90m there, and if it does another 30m in Japan that puts it at about $690m overall meaning it needs 10m from everywhere else which will be tough.

$47m in china last weekend, and now it's at $72m.  That's a pretty steep drop.  About $10m during the week and $15m over its second weekend.  I don't think it'll get much past $90m there, and if it does another 30m in Japan that puts it at about $690m overall meaning it needs 10m from everywhere else which will be tough.

You say $30M cuz the first one made that much, but this one could make more (or less). $700M isn't out of the question.

• Like 1

$47m in china last weekend, and now it's at $72m. That's a pretty steep drop. About $10m during the week and $15m over its second weekend. I don't think it'll get much past $90m there, and if it does another 30m in Japan that puts it at about $690m overall meaning it needs 10m from everywhere else which will be tough.

Actually Chinese number was underestimated. It's at 80m now and will finish with 100m. So 700m is still on track depending on Japan.
  • Like 4

You say $30M cuz the first one made that much, but this one could make more (or less). $700M isn't out of the question.

True, I know practically nothing about Japan but it does seem to be rather fickle with respect to hollywood movies.  Sequels seem to have less consistency there.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

Once BOM updates the numbers again, it should hit $700M WW. It's already over $100M in China.

With the old numbers is at $668,668,518 WW, and they still have to count this weekend's $30M from China.

Though BOM didn't update China's numbers.

But that number ($668,668,518)  has inclueded most of  China's weekend box office.

Edited by johntw99