rukaio101

CAYOM - New Franchise by rights thread

Since Alpha is going on a break from this game, he's giving out the rights to Kane Chronicles, Homeland, Maze Runner, Tom Sawyer, Secret of NIMH, GTA, Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and The Martian Chronicles. So if you want them, they're open.

Naturally, if he returns, the rights will revert back to him so keep that in mind when trying to create a franchise.

Back on topic, I'm taking the rights to Tom and Jerry, Wacky Races, Scooby Doo and Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines.

In my quest to take every suitable-for-movies anime property ever created, I'm taking the rights to Berserk and Space Battleship Yamato.

I'll claim Fairy Tail. (I'm ready for the hate, rukaio ^^) I like to think I'm good at adapting, so don't worry.

You're welcome to it. I don't think it's the kind of series you can really adapt (same reason I haven't taken One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or other series like that), but I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with. 

You're welcome to it. I don't think it's the kind of series you can really adapt (same reason I haven't taken One Piece, Naruto, Bleach or other series like that), but I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with. 

The arcs can be adapted separately. I'm aiming for a dramatic series over special effects, explosions and fights, although they won't be missing.

I'm gonna my claim on the divergent franchise go. They've already made movies about it in real life and I haven't read insurgent or allegiant yet and I don't see myself ever finishing the franchise. (If someone still wants to go for it on the condition that you keep the actors, go for it)

Nice. I haven't started the game yet but come time after the year 8 oscars, I will be prepared!Franchises I (kind of) claim!:-The Five Ancestors-Calvin and Hobbes-Big Nate-Jeff the Killer and Jeff vs. Jane -Since the Slenderman (in real life) isn't copyrighted by anyone specific, I'll cautiously claim him)-Watchmen-The chapter of Revelations from the Bible-Anything on Ben Franklin-Police Academy reboot-Ed, Edd, n Eddy-Friday the 13th-Ben Drowned-Psychosis-Starship Troopers-Jackass-King Kong-Diary of a Wimpy Kid-William Golding's Lord of the Flies-Maniac Magee-The Last book in the universe-TTYl and it's sequels, ttfn and l8r g8r-The Rake-Candle Cove-Lost Episodes Creepypastas -Ansai's Goatman story-Abandoned by Disney and Room Zero- The Cave-The Shining and Doctor SleepAll I've got...so far.

Edited by Rorschach

Few issues with some of your choices.

Nice. I haven't started the game yet but come time after the year 8 oscars, I will be prepared!
Franchises I (kind of) claim!:
-The Five Ancestors
-Calvin and Hobbes
-Big Nate
-Jeff the Killer and Jeff vs. Jane
-Since the Slenderman (in real life) isn't copyrighted by anyone specific, I'll cautiously claim him) Alpha's already making Slenderman movies. (Although I'm not sure why it's not on his list (Blame my predecessor)) so you'll have to ask him.
-Watchmen No. There's already been a very recent Watchmen film and there's not many different ways you can do that story.
-The chapter of Revelations from the Bible Bible is public domain. You can use it but you can't take the rights to it. (Sorry that wasn't on the rules before)
-Anything on Ben Franklin No.
-Police Academy reboot
-Ed, Edd, n Eddy
-Friday the 13th Technically, I already own the rights to this (along with Nightmare on Elm Street and Evil Dead) but, since I'm uninterested in making solo films, I'll lend that out to you.
-Ben Drowned
-Psychosis
-Starship Troopers Iffy about this. I'd personally put it as a classic franchise (so no films can be made from it), though others may disagree. I'll put it to a vote.
-Jackass Bit iffy about this too. Technically, recent films are still being made for this. On the other hand, it's big and varied enough to possibly count as a community franchise, like Star Wars or Friday 13th. I'll put it to a vote as well.
-King Kong I'm pretty sure the rights to Kong are in the public domain, so no-one can take them. Besides, there was a Kong movie not very long ago.
-Diary of a Wimpy Kid
-William Golding's Lord of the Flies
-Maniac Magee
-The Last book in the universe
-TTYl and it's sequels, ttfn and l8r g8r
-The Rake
-Candle Cove
-Lost Episodes Creepypastas
-Ansai's Goatman story
-Abandoned by Disney and Room Zero
- The Cave
-The Shining and Doctor Sleep I'll give you this provided you don't make it too similar to Kubrick's version.
All I've got...so far.

The rest should be fine.

You can't take rights for historical/real people. You can make a Ben Franklin movie, but someone else can as well (but no one here is a dick who'd make one to compete with you).

Likewise anything in the public domain can't have its rights taken.

You can't take rights for historical/real people. You can make a Ben Franklin movie, but someone else can as well (but no one here is a dick who'd make one to compete with you). Likewise anything in the public domain can't have its rights taken.

My bad. I completely mis worded what I was trying to say. Just a Ben Franklin movie. No other ones.

Few issues with some of your choices.The rest should be fine.

Okay.Slenderman in real life is not copyrighted. I don't think I'll use him much though. He's more of a supporting character, with some cameos and some cool Easter eggs, to a series that is much more unversed in the Creepypasta universe.I'm thinking about splitting Watchmen into multiple films, because there is so much content in it that could split it into multiple movies (a Tales of the Black Freighter story, the minutemen, and the origins of the Watchmen).I plan on making a trilogy for Revelations, kind of like Lord of the Rings.I mis-worded what I tried to say about Ben Franklin. I meant I wanna be the first person in the history of ever to make the first good Ben Franklin movie.Friday the 13th. Thank you! :)With recent remake bombs like Total Recall and Robocop, I think it's for the best I claim Starship Troopers. All they are doing are stupid straight-to-DVD sequels and I don't think it'll happen.Since the Jackass franchise ended, with the sad death of Ryan Dunn :(, I want to reboot it with a totally different cast of unknowns.King Kong, more of an origin story than an actual remake is what I'm thinking of.I love Kubrick. Why would I try and do it better than him? Besides, his was a HUGE departure from the book. I plan on being more faithful.That's all.Actually I have a few other franchises: Mighty Joe YoungRen and StimpyRudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Okay.Slenderman in real life is not copyrighted. I don't think I'll use him much though. He's more of a supporting character, with some cameos and some cool Easter eggs, to a series that is much more unversed in the Creepypasta universe.

That's not the problem. The problem is that someone else is already using Slenderman. Besides, public domain work that originated recently on the internet needs rights reserving, since they're not nearly as well known or widely used as things like King Kong or Dracula or whatever.

I'm thinking about splitting Watchmen into multiple films, because there is so much content in it that could split it into multiple movies (a Tales of the Black Freighter story, the minutemen, and the origins of the Watchmen).

No. Not going back on this. Watchmen is not nearly old enough to be remade and spinoffs/prequels/sequels to recent films aren't allowed, otherwise I'd currently be writing up Pacific Rim 2 right now.

I plan on making a trilogy for Revelations, kind of like Lord of the Rings.

That's fine. You're welcome to do that. You still can't take the rights to it though

With recent remake bombs like Total Recall and Robocop, I think it's for the best I claim Starship Troopers. All they are doing are stupid straight-to-DVD sequels and I don't think it'll happen.

You can take the book rights. I'd forgotten that existed.

Since the Jackass franchise ended, with the sad death of Ryan Dunn :(, I want to reboot it with a totally different cast of unknowns.

Bad Grandpa suggests it hasn't ended. Besides, if you're using your own crew, why not change the format a bit and make your own original film instead?

King Kong, more of an origin story than an actual remake is what I'm thinking of.

You're welcome to make it, but you can't take the rights and/or link it to the Peter Jackson films

Actually I have a few other franchises:Mighty Joe YoungRen and StimpyRudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

You're welcome to the first two. Rudolph is public domain though.

Also, since the year has ended, I'm going to PM Impact to see what he wants doing about his franchises. If you're wanting to stake a claim to one of them, tell me now (and which ones you want) and I'll enter your name in the lottery for them.

I'm gonna my claim on the divergent franchise go. They've already made movies about it in real life and I haven't read insurgent or allegiant yet and I don't see myself ever finishing the franchise. (If someone still wants to go for it on the condition that you keep the actors, go for it)

I'll take it and write up Allegiant over the summer for Year 9. Easy money