Jack Nevada

2014 Academy Awards: The Official Thread (ALL NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST)

I like Sandra Bullock, and I adore Gravity, but honestly I have no idea why she got nominated. It's a solid performance that adds some human element to the spectacle-heavy movie, but I would never give her an award or even a nomination for Gravity.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

I like Sandra Bullock, and I adore Gravity, but honestly I have no idea why she got nominated. It's a solid performance that adds some human element to the spectacle-heavy movie, but I would never give her an award or even a nomination for Gravity.

It's damn hard to basically carry a movie by yourself. To her credit, she made it look so easy that people now dismiss her.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 5

American Hustle will get a lot of backlash on the internet but the general audience will love it. If it wins best pic, it'll be the King's Speech of this year, and the 12yas fans will be the new Social Network stans who will never shut up about how it was robbed of a win.

If that happens, I see them more as the new Shakespeare in Love and Saving Private Ryan duo.

The objective truth is that people like Berenice Bejo and Adele Exarchopoulos and Julie Delpy were all better. 

Berenice maybe. But don't give me that Adele chick again. That movie was overly long and her performance wasn't all that great. I still don't get what the Cannes hoopla was about. And Delpy. Good she was, but then again she's doing her shtick for the 3rd time running, so it's not anything revolutionary like Bullock was.