ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Financially speaking, it was still good move for WB to split Hobbit to 3 movies. Sure far from the success of LOTR but money is still good enough

That's debatable.  The first three Rings made 2.9 billion WW.  The first two Hobbits are going to be at about 1.9 billion.  There and Back will probably cross the billion dollar mark, so there is a very real chance that these three films make more than the original three.  So in a straight dollar sense, these films will have probably made more money.  

Watching Her a second time. I was obviously in the wrong mood the first time. Totes falling in love with the movie. Think I'm gonna cry at some point. 

How can you watch a movie and write on a forum at the same time? You are butchering the movie watching experience. Oh, right, you are the one who also don't mind ads during movies...

Edited by Elessar

There's only one more found footage horror film this year, Paranormal Activity 5. Last year there was no found footage horror movie.Is it really over saturated? 2012 had 2, 2013 had none.

It's not the over saturation, it's the fact that they're all the same. I mean seriously, if you've seen one found footage horror movie, you've seen them all.
  • Like 2

It's not the over saturation, it's the fact that they're all the same. I mean seriously, if you've seen one found footage horror movie, you've seen them all.

And it just seems like a gimmick rather than a credible way to tell a story

Watching Her a second time. I was obviously in the wrong mood the first time. Totes falling in love with the movie. Think I'm gonna cry at some point.

Glad to hear that Jack. And how amazing was Phoenix and ScarJo? Pretty damn awesome, right?

Glad to hear that Jack. And how amazing was Phoenix and ScarJo? Pretty damn awesome, right?

I loved both of them, Scarlett really got a lot across with just her voice, but I was especially moved by Joaquin's performance. I got such a total sense of what his character was like and what he was feeling. Amy Adams was great in her little role but come on, when isn't she good? Overall it's a deeply warm, human movie, and an actually believable love story and it should be appreciated as much as possible. 

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 2