ecstasy

WKD 3 Day Est. RA 41.2m, LS 23.2m, NJ 20.5, JR 17.2, FRZ 11.9

Have a new #1 of the year: Nebraska

What was so great about it? It looks like something that would be veryyy hard for me to get into. And why is it in black and white, just directors choice? Edited by Jandrew

I might just say that Star Trek Into Darkness might not be the worst film to star Cumberbatch this year. 

A:OC is another I can't wait to see. I will laugh during the whole thing. (I did loved STID, but I get what you are saying).

Btw, Screen Actors Guild Awards are about to start and Jennifer Lawrence already arrived! I created a thread in the 'And the Winner is...' forum for us to follow the Ceremony, if anyone wants :D

Posted Image

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I might just say that Star Trek Into Darkness might not be the worst film to star Cumberbatch this year. 

Seeing as STID is a good movie, that doesn't really help me. :P

(Did you see Fifth Estate?)

Seeing as STID is a good movie, that doesn't really help me. :P

(Did you see Fifth Estate?)

Fifth Estate was waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than STID.   :ph34r:

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

But in all seriousness, I don't get the online hate for STID. It's a much weaker movie than ST'09, but I found it one of the more enjoyable summer movies. And the second best Trek movie in over 20 years, FWIW. :lol:

• Like 6

I need to check out The Fifth Estate. I was very excited for it but then reviews happened. And bombage at the box office happened right after it, so any excitement I had disappeared...

• Like 1

But in all seriousness, I don't get the online hate for STID. It's a much weaker movie than ST'09, but I found it one of the more enjoyable summer movies. And the second best Trek movie in over 20 years, FWIW. :lol:

Into Darkness > Star Trek 09

I know I am alone, but Cumberbatch alone makes it better, even if story wise it is worst.

• Like 1

SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS - It begins in a few minutes!!

http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/13646-screen-actors-guild-awards-it-begins-in-a-few-minutes/#entry1225136

WE WILL HAVE SHAWN LIVE COMMENTING THE CEREMONY!!!

Join us. It starts in 10 minutes!!!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Good to hear that you like it. I'll be doing a double-bill tomorrow: Ride Along and Wolf of Wall Street rewatch. Maybe even Jack Ryan if I feel like it.

I was going to a double bill tomorrow of Her and Jack Ryan, but decided instead just to see Her so that way I can save money for when Gravity returns to IMAX 3D B)

So I just spend the last hour scrolling thru my local news stations Facebook page because the comment section is so entertaining. 

I was like this the whole time

Posted Image

That happened to me last week with a "Who would win a fight? Captain Kirk or Darth Vader?" post that got serious fast

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Into Darkness > Star Trek 09

I know I am alone, but Cumberbatch alone makes it better, even if story wise it is worst.

He slays it, fo sho. Once you know "the reveal" is coming, it makes the film more enjoyable as far as his character goes, IMO.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I was going to a double bill tomorrow of Her and Jack Ryan, but decided instead just to see Her so that way I can save money for when Gravity returns to IMAX 3D B)

That happened to me last week with a "Who would win a fight? Captain Kirk or Darth Vader?" post that got serious fast

Posted Image

• Like 2