baumer

Ride Along (2013)

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Thought it was as hilarious as the trailer made it out to be. Nothing really special or different about plots. But the movie is entertaining, which is obviously what a comedy must be first and foremost. I had fun, I laughed a lot. I think Kevin Hart is pretty cute, but definitely dig Ice Cube in this. Excited to see him in 22JS.B

I found it to be really lame for the first hour.  I like Kevin Hart but he wasn't all that funny for the first little bit.  But slowly it started getting better.  The film peaked when Hart and Ice show up at the warehouse.  I especially enjoyed it when Hart impersonated Omar.  It was a well done scene and the film really felt right from that point on.  It's not the film was terrible before that but it just was so much better from that point on.  I liked Ice in it, Fishburne was good as well.  Seeing as Ice produced the movie, I wonder if Fishburne did it as a favour for him because of their connection to Boyz N The Hood.

6.5/10

• Like 1

I enjoyed it. Not near something like 21JST but it wasn't a bad way to spend part of the afternoon. I agree with baumer completely that the second half was far better. It was what it was- just an entertaining 90 minute buddy romp. No idea why critics would trash it so much when it is exactly what it sets out to be.

7/10

• Like 1

I enjoyed it. Not near something like 21JST but it wasn't a bad way to spend part of the afternoon. I agree with baumer completely that the second half was far better. It was what it was- just an entertaining 90 minute buddy romp. No idea why critics would trash it so much when it is exactly what it sets out to be.

7/10

That's the point.  It aimed to be a standard run of the mill action comedy.  It does just that and nothing else.  Add to the fact that it isn't very funny, you get bad reviews.

I found it to be really lame for the first hour.  I like Kevin Hart but he wasn't all that funny for the first little bit.  But slowly it started getting better.  The film peaked when Hart and Ice show up at the warehouse.  I especially enjoyed it when Hart impersonated Omar.  It was a well done scene and the film really felt right from that point on.  It's not the film was terrible before that but it just was so much better from that point on.  I liked Ice in it, Fishburne was good as well.  Seeing as Ice produced the movie, I wonder if Fishburne did it as a favour for him because of their connection to Boyz N The Hood. 6.5/10

Feel the same way. Some pretty funny moments, but over all very mediocre.5/10
  • Like 1

Ride Along: Kevin Hart does his best to make this movie great and in some parts he does a good job even though at times you can tell he was trying to hard. Ice Cube basically does the same thing he does in all of his other movies outside of those Are We There Yet? films. This movie is no The Heat and it's not that memorable but this buddy cop film has its moments even with a lot and I mean a lot of plot holes. If you can easily turn your brain off and all of the Oscar films have already left your theater, I would recommend this film if you want to kill a few hours. Otherwise wait for DVD.

Grade: B-