Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

2 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

This sounds... femmemalephobic

This is James Bond we're talking about. He is not supposed to be boyish and/or feminine, though I know that's the style nowadays for Generation Z men.

I personally like Craig's older look. Bond has always been sort of a classic, suave, older man's man. All this to say, I don't think you have to cast someone terribly young, unless Eon wants one actor to build around for a long time. I'd personally be all for Henry Cavill. I think he'd nail it.

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

I'll nominate Justin Hurwitz based on that awesome Moonraker-esque cue in First Man.

"The Landing" from First Man is the best OST track of 2018 

57 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Dan Stevens in psycho The Guest mode is still my pick.

He was my top choice for Batman, but apparently he's too old for that. His current superhero tenure is definitely weird to say the least.

Anyways, put me down for Goulding. Dude is my #1 choice bar none; definitely a lot better than Hiddleston, Madden, etc; Cillian Murphy could be cool, but he's getting a bit old.

the fact that like 60% of this thread and the dominant conversation online is people casting the next james bond... makes this movie feel like an afterthought. like it's the movie we need to get over with before we get to the new thing. i like fukunaga and i think this could be cool but yeah it's all a bit of a shrug it seems.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the fact that like 60% of this thread and the dominant conversation online is people casting the next james bond... makes this movie feel like an afterthought. like it's the movie we need to get over with before we get to the new thing. i like fukunaga and i think this could be cool but yeah it's all a bit of a shrug it seems.

Some of these guys would rather slash their wrists than talk about this new Bond film it seems 😞

and yes, unless they go waaaay left field with the choice which i'm never opposed to, it probably should be henry golding. he's the only one out of the names typically thrown around that i actually like for it.

Edited by CoolioD1

what's with goulding starting his movie career at 31??? how did he start his career in a hollywood movie? weird. he was good in a simple favor, but i cant see a poc person being bond, nor a female. and this isnt racism or anything, its just that bond is.. white

what should be created is new roles for POC people, more superheroes or spies like bond...

Edited by TombRaider

4 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

what's with goulding starting his movie career at 31??? how did he start his career in a hollywood movie? weird. he was good in a simple favor, but i cant see a poc person being bond, nor a female. and this isnt racism or anything, its just that bond is.. white

what should be created is new roles for POC people, more superheroes or spies like bond...

I agree with this. 100%! Make new characters and stories in order to encourage diversity. Leave established characters alone. People get annoyed (and rightfully so) when you go and change beloved characters to suit an agenda. Why? It has nothing to do with the gender or race. It's because it becomes about your real life politics and not about the character or the story. You're essentially dragging the viewer out of that world.

• Knock It Off 1

i don't have some agenda to make sure james bond isn't a white male or whatever. i just think golding has that "bond vibe" in his demeanor more than any of the other names being suggested. cavil, madden, hiddleston (lmao) etc are kinda boring to me.

4 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I agree with this. 100%! Make new characters and stories in order to encourage diversity. Leave established characters alone. People get annoyed (and rightfully so) when you go and change beloved characters to suit an agenda. Why? It has nothing to do with the gender or race. It's because it becomes about your real life politics and not about the character or the story. You're essentially dragging the viewer out of that world.

problem is in this increasingly franchise-driven world, making new stuff is something studios are scared of doing.

I never realized James Bond was only allowed to be a white man. James Bond was written as a British secret service agent. So I don’t see why guys like Henry Golding or Idris Elba, who are British, shouldn’t have their names thrown in the mix. No where in Bond’s character description does it say that he needs to be a white man. 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't have some agenda to make sure james bond isn't a white male or whatever. i just think golding has that "bond vibe" in his demeanor more than any of the other names being suggested. cavil, madden, hiddleston (lmao) etc are kinda boring to me.

I actually like the Goulding suggestion. He does have a suave, Bond-ish vibe. But like @TombRaider said, I doubt they cast an Asian actor.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Exactly. I’m not picking Henry Golding cause he’s Asian. I’m picking Henry Golding because I could totally see him being James Bond. 

As for a female James Bond. I don’t want that. They should just make a movie about a female agent within Bond’s secret service. She doesn’t have to be 007. Hell they could have her show up in a future Bond movie and then she can get her own spin off. 

But James Bond himself.....I don’t see why he has to be a white man when there are other men who aren’t white who could play the character. And again nothing to do with an agenda or trying to switch things up. In my opinion, Golding (and at one point Elba since I guess he’s out of the mix) seem like the best choices to me cause they have the Bond vibe 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

I know, and I agree with you to an extent, i just think it's delusional if anyone actually seriously thinks it would happen. and yes when everyone and their nan was asking for Tom Hiddleston to be james bond that was a strange thought. I'm glad we have moved past that.

personally think Alden E should get a second chance and he should be offered the job.

I should clarify that I was responding to Tomb Raider's point in a general sense. Bond specifically? Actually there is some leeway there, unlike, say, superheroes, where the physical appearance is so iconic and important. With James Bond I think it's more about personality. That's why I'm all for Idris Elba or Henry Goulding.