Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

15 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

So? I don't get why people give a shit about this. He commits to the role onscreen and gives a good performance as Bond. I like when celebrities give little glimmers of honesty. 

That’s debatable. He seemed very much going through the motions in Spectre. And again, if he’s gonna bitch, do it in private. Don’t complain about your $10 million paying job as a movie star and expect sympathy. You don’t see Tom Cruise whining about this stuff, and that guy would actually have a right to considering what he does. Craig can fuck off

22 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That’s debatable. He seemed very much going through the motions in Spectre. And again, if he’s gonna bitch, do it in private. Don’t complain about your $10 million paying job as a movie star and expect sympathy. You don’t see Tom Cruise whining about this stuff, and that guy would actually have a right to considering what he does. Craig can fuck off

its not like he is complaining in the film. You can criticise his performance that's up to you but most people would say he is on form and playing the role correctly as required.

happens all the time that actors say explicitly they really dont want to be involved in the film, but they still give a great performance. just look at Harrison Ford.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

People are still butthurt about that off-the-cuff remark he made the day after the film wrapped?

I can take or leave Craig's Bond at this point, but every actor has complained at some point about the ridiculous work commitment the role demands.

But they don't complain about the money the get as Bond, or the huge boost it gives to your career, or the big bucks you can make with advertising and endorsements.

I don't think the commitment is any worse then what a professional athelete makes when he signs a long term contract.

Yeah, it a major commitment but you  can make a whole career out of it. And Eon has always been generouw with giving their Bond time to do other projects.

I can understand why a Bond actor might bitch at times, but I don't think nay of them regret having signed the deal. It weill pretty much set you up for life.

But agree the Craig hate is idiotic.

And the set accident on top of Craig's injury is more amusing then anything else.

• Like 1

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9256748/james-bond-film-delays-daniel-craig-rami-malek/

THE doomed James Bond film has suffered a fresh setback as stars Daniel Craig and Rami Malek are no longer available to shoot at the same time.

Rami, 38, who will play the movie’s villain, has other filming commitments which will have started by the time Daniel, 51, returns to set following the recovery time for an ankle injury.

It has caused a fresh headache for producers, who are struggling to find a date for them to film together.

A Bond insider said: “Filming was supposed to finish in September but the cast and crew have been told it’s been pushed back to late October, possible early November due to Daniel’s injury and the set explosion.

“But they still need to find a time for Daniel and Rami to film together.

Edited by Avatree

29 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

I spy another delay incoming. This is going to be such a disaster on-screen...

if its finishing filming in november then doubt it releases at start of April.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Nic Hoult James Bond? He's young enough

Would be absolutely awful.

9 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

I want Henry Cavil or Richard Madden as next bond. 

Thought the Richard Madden suggestions were rubbish, but just watched Bodyguard and I'd be quite happy with him in the role, would suit him.

Edited by Avatree

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

if its finishing filming in november then doubt it releases at start of April.

They finished filming Spectre literally a month or two before release date, so if they want to release it in time, they can do it, even if it's rushed again.

2 hours ago, Firepower said:

They finished filming Spectre literally a month or two before release date, so if they want to release it in time, they can do it, even if it's rushed again.

It was more like 4 months before release but yes granted that was a tight turnaround. Don't see why they'd want to do that again though.

4 hours ago, TMP said:

Behind the scenes? Yeah. On screen? Doubt. Cary Fukunaga is great.

And No Official (Eon production) Bond movie has ever lost money. Even the less popular ones ..OHMSS and LTK made decent profits for Eon.

IMHO, OHMSS is one of the top 5 Bond films but no doubt it had a lackluster performance at the box office compared to the Connory films. But it still took in something like 3 and half times it cost and made a good profit for Eon and UA.

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Stuff like this probably happens on movies all the time. With Bond it’s just more visible 

Agreed. People declaring the franchise dead because it is having a few production difficulties are really premature. Or maybe they are just Kingsman fanboys hoping the Kingsman movies can take the 007 franchise's place. Just is not going to happen.

• Like 1