Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

I don't think R-Patz will agree to be both Batman and Bond but it's nice to see his resurgence as the blockbuster go-to guy. :stirthepot:

@TMP I think that actors who love to do indies understand that the further they move from their previous franchise, the less leverage they have for those small movies that usually don't make money. so for him to continue doing those movies, he has to become visible again, which is via a big movie. Nolan and Batinson fulfill that requirement. 

same how K-Stew is now taking a role in Charlie's Angels. to continue having a leverage that gets small movies made, she has to renew her visibility. I expect Adam Driver to don a cape or similar few years after the end of SW for the same reason. he loves doing small movies but leverage expires after a while without big movies that make money.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

its possible to be part of 2 franchises. Didn’t RDJ was both Iron Man and Sherlock. JLaw both in Hunger Games and XMen. Tenet does not count as its one off and next Bond won’t be in production for another 3 years. One Batman and Bond movie every 3 years is possible.

That said he wont bite as both are too high profile. One is hard enough. But I wont mind him doing both just to piss off his critics 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

its possible to be part of 2 franchises. Didn’t RDJ was both Iron Man and Sherlock. JLaw both in Hunger Games and XMen. Tenet does not count as its one off and next Bond won’t be in production for another 3 years. One Batman and Bond movie every 3 years is possible.

That said he wont bite as both are too high profile. One is hard enough. But I wont mind him doing both just to piss off his critics 🙂

Broccoli would never go for it.  Bond would have be the paramount role when one thinks of the actor.  That and I doubt she'd agree with Boyle about RPatz.

22 hours ago, dudalb said:

I predict the next Bond will be somebody who is not even on the radar right now.

Given the series' track record on that front, that's a pretty strong possibility. Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Craig-none of them were A-list or the obvious choices when they were cast. Brosnan probably qualifies too, seeing as bar Mrs. Doubtfire, his career went downhill after Remington Steele got canned.

In my view, anyone who's currently attached to a major blockbuster franchise or has been attached to a franchise in the past ten years in a major role, and/or anyone with an Oscar nomination, should be disqualified from consideration.

Which rules out Hiddleston, Elba, Fassbender, Hardy, Firth, Madden, Hemsworth, Radcliffe, Egerton and Ejiofir. 

Personally, I'd pick Jack Lowden.

Cary Fukunaga makes one of the most searing war dramas in a war torn country on a budget that would look small back in the 70's, British media can't handle the fact that he's probably trying to make the best product possible without some shitty boy toy British actor that is currently generating hype FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER.

Edited by ThePhasmid

On 6/21/2019 at 3:58 PM, dudalb said:

I predict the next Bond will be somebody who is not even on the radar right now.

James Norton. That's who it should be. I've always been a fan and thought he'd make a good Bond but watching him in McMafia pretty much convinced me he'd be perfect for this role. 

Just now, Hatebox said:

How can this still not have a title?

i think revealing the title in the teaser trailer, the way avengers and star wars did, seems to be the trend now because usually they announce the bond titles when production starts.

• Like 1

The problem is, in today's political climate there's no room for the classic Bond image and persona. In other words, no suave manly man. Unless Eon holds their ground they're going to pretty much re-invent the character because past Bond's are basically nowadays deemed to be pigs.

No offense to RPat, he's a fantastic actor, but I look at him and go "Yup, that's 2019 James Bond right there".

3 minutes ago, JB33 said:

In other words, no suave manly man.

The biggest franchise in the world right now stars snarky buff dudes spewing quips every 10 minutes, if that isn't blatant machismo then I don't know what is.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

The biggest franchise in the world right now stars snarky buff dudes spewing quips every 10 minutes, if that isn't blatant machismo then I don't know what is.

Touche.

We'll see what happens with the Bond casting. I'm just not a fan of RPat, despite how much I respect him as an actor. I do like Richard Madden. Henry Cavill I know almost seems cliche, but I also like him for the role.

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

Touche.

We'll see what happens with the Bond casting. I'm just not a fan of RPat, despite how much I respect him as an actor. I do like Richard Madden. Henry Cavill I know almost seems cliche, but I also like him for the role.

They're not gonna give him Batman, an original spy from Nolan and Bond. Have a feeling they'll want someone less well known for the role. I'd think Madden could get it, but he's gonna be one of the faces for Marvel soon with The Eternals; and he just had Game of Thrones too.