Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

They're not gonna give him Batman, an original spy from Nolan and Bond. Have a feeling they'll want someone less well known for the role. I'd think Madden could get it, but he's gonna be one of the faces for Marvel soon with The Eternals; and he just had Game of Thrones too.

Oo, good point. On a side note I'm really, really looking forward to more news on that movie!

Back to Bond, it's all about the image I think. Certain characters are just so steeped in culture that the image matters. It's like how we all laugh at Nicholas Cage getting considered for Superman. It would be ridiculous! Why? We want to believe that's Superman, or that's Bond, we're seeing on screen. Certain characters have that image you need to uphold, and that's a testament to their popularity and timelessness.

9 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

The next Bond reboot will be directed by Christopher Nolan and star his boy Cillian Murphy.

:rofl: 

Broccoli would

1) never give up control let alone final cut

2) pay Nolan his going rate of $20m + 20% of the gross

3) Times flies - Murphy is already 43 (and even shorter than Craig )

1 hour ago, TMP said:

They're not gonna give him Batman, an original spy from Nolan and Bond. Have a feeling they'll want someone less well known for the role. I'd think Madden could get it, but he's gonna be one of the faces for Marvel soon with The Eternals; and he just had Game of Thrones too.

Just? He's been off the show since season 3. 

2 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Just? He's been off the show since season 3. 

He's still very much known for it. I don't think the Broccolis are gonna go for someone incredibly well known.

It's not going to be Pattinson. Cavill is tempting if Superman's done but he could use some more swag/humor for the Bond role.  I like the idea of a slightly non-traditional casting same as Craig was. 

Henry Golding would be solid

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TMP said:

He's still very much known for it. I don't think the Broccolis are gonna go for someone incredibly well known.

Brosnan and Moore were more well known for Remington Steele & The Saint.  

It's the leading role in a Marvel franchise that would be a barrier.  Now if it was a supporting role or a one off that would be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

Back to Bond, it's all about the image I think. Certain characters are just so steeped in culture that the image matters. It's like how we all laugh at Nicholas Cage getting considered for Superman. It would be ridiculous! Why? We want to believe that's Superman, or that's Bond, we're seeing on screen. Certain characters have that image you need to uphold, and that's a testament to their popularity and timelessness.

People thought Michael Keaton was "ridiculous" at the time, too... I'm sure Cage and Burton would have done something interesting with it that would have lingered as an intriguing time capsule of its period...

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

:rofl: 

Broccoli would

1) never give up control let alone final cut

2) pay Nolan his going rate of $20m + 20% of the gross

3) Times flies - Murphy is already 43 (and even shorter than Craig )

Rumor from inside Bond fan circles is that Broccoli may be ready to sell it off...in which case...Nolan might be the guy to shepherd it into something else anew...with Warner Bros., of course.

Edited by Macleod

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Rumor from inside Bond fan circles is that Broccoli may be ready to sell it off...in which case...Nolan might be the guy to shepherd it into something else anew...with Warner Bros., of course.

Nolan is the only film-maker allowed to make big budget original films consistently. I hope he doesn't do another franchise adaptation.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:56 PM, 35MM-18 said:

Given the series' track record on that front, that's a pretty strong possibility. Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Craig-none of them were A-list or the obvious choices when they were cast. Brosnan probably qualifies too, seeing as bar Mrs. Doubtfire, his career went downhill after Remington Steele got canned.

In my view, anyone who's currently attached to a major blockbuster franchise or has been attached to a franchise in the past ten years in a major role, and/or anyone with an Oscar nomination, should be disqualified from consideration.

Which rules out Hiddleston, Elba, Fassbender, Hardy, Firth, Madden, Hemsworth, Radcliffe, Egerton and Ejiofir. 

Personally, I'd pick Jack Lowden.

Brosnan was a special case;he was actually chosen to be Bond when Moore left in 1986 and Remington Steel seemed to have ended it's NBC run but at the last minute NBC decided to renew Steel and Brosnan simply could not do both because of scheduling issues; Brosnan talks about how angry he was about that.Dalton, who also had been on Eon's radar, for some time as a possible Bond was the almost last minute replacement. When Dalton withdrew from the role 8n 1993 Brosnan, who was now free from contractual obligations, was the obvious choice. If anything his being a bit older was an advantage;it fit in well with the older post cold war Bond they had in mind for Goldfinger.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Noctis said:

From Angelina Jolie/Helena Bonham Carter to Malek...what a downgrade.

Last time I looked, Malek has a little gold statue of a guy on a can of film holding a sword on his desk.....

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 hours ago, TMP said:

At least in movies. They do not go after A listers in films. They go after actors who have built a solid reputation in supporting roles in films. or actors who have just ended a successful run on a TV series and want to make the leap to film. Brosnan, as I stated was a special case; EON had him makred as a potential Bond even before Remington Steel, that he was so good doing a character who was supposed to be a Bond parody put him on the the top of the list. There was a eight year hiccup when NBC held him to his contract, but Brosnan is about the only time EON went with an obivious choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

RUmors inside Bond fan circles (who probably know shit anyway) in this case I think equals "wishful thinking from Nolan Fanboys". I don't think Barbara Brocollie is going anywhere.

41 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Brosnan was a special case;he was actually chosen to be Bond when Moore left in 1986 and Remington Steel seemed to have ended it's NBC run but at the last minute NBC decided to renew Steel and Brosnan simply could not do both because of scheduling issues; Brosnan talks about how angry he was about that.Dalton, who also had been on Eon's radar, for some time as a possible Bond was the almost last minute replacement. When Dalton withdrew from the role 8n 1993 Brosnan, who was now free from contractual obligations, was the obvious choice. If anything his being a bit older was an advantage;it fit in well with the older post cold war Bond they had in mind for Goldfinger.

25 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Last time I looked, Malek has a little gold statue of a guy on a can of film holding a sword on his desk.....

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

At least in movies. They do not go after A listers in films. They go after actors who have built a solid reputation in supporting roles in films. or actors who have just ended a successful run on a TV series and want to make the leap to film. Brosnan, as I stated was a special case; EON had him makred as a potential Bond even before Remington Steel, that he was so good doing a character who was supposed to be a Bond parody put him on the the top of the list. There was a eight year hiccup when NBC held him to his contract, but Brosnan is about the only time EON went with an obivious choice.

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

RUmors inside Bond fan circles (who probably know shit anyway) in this case I think equals "wishful thinking from Nolan Fanboys". I don't think Barbara Brocollie is going anywhere.

Fun fact pal; there's a little plus button right next to the quote button that let's you quote multiple posts in one go.

• Like 2