Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

3 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Do we bring up Grace Jones quitting or not?

The only source is The Sun which has a history of making up fake Bond stories. The fact no one reputable reported her being in it (let alone quit) means this is almost certainly yet another of the countless made up junk about Bond the Sun reports for attention/clicks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"at least not in the beginning." RMFE.

This was a pretty obvious attempt to not paint Bond as a boy's club franchise in the future but...telling us about it doesn't make me want to see the film.

Bond is a relic of its time. Leave it alone. Stop trying to remake it and make original properties.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Although the source is sketchy, I don't mind this rumor. It seems like they are testing the waters for a female bond with this movie.

I doubt it personally, given Barbara Broccoli's recent rebuttals of the 'female-Bond' idea.

Even if Lashana's character takes up the 007 moniker in this movie, I doubt they would center future movies around her. I'll have to get actual confirmation of that before I believe it. Sounds like it could very well be a temporary gig for her within this movie, in which case this leak would prove to be especially bad since it will lead many to believe this was a bait and switch. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, CoolEric258 said:

He should be playing a European terrorist instead. There are plenty of cases in real life to draw inspiration from in the past 2-3 years! 

• Knock It Off 1

15 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Even if Lashana's character takes up the 007 moniker in this movie, I doubt they would center future movies around her. I'll have to get actual confirmation of that before I believe it. Sounds like it could very well be a temporary gig for her within this movie, in which case this leak would prove to be especially bad since it will lead many to believe this was a bait and switch. 

I guess it could backfire among a few fringe audiences, but the general public probably won't care as much.

If there can be a new M or Q, then I don't see why there couldn't be another 007 as well. There have been multiple 00 agents in the series, and I think even more than one 006 as well. In the end it is just a designation. If, in this movie, James Bond were in retirement of some sort, then it wouldn't be all that weird to have another agent carry that designation. It would probably just be a temporary thing anyway.

I do agree with Barbara Broccoli's comment that there shouldn't be a female James Bond though. There really is no reason for such an idea. James Bond is an existing character that has been fleshed out for ages, you shouldn't change that on a whim. It makes much more sense to try and create a new iconic female character than to try and turn an existing male one into a woman.

• Like 1