Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

Hmm...Kinda disjointed trailer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think trailers should spell out the plot, but for me, effective trailers either have a small narrative, building on itself, or they're just a visual assault with good music (think the Suicide Squad trailers). This is a lot of start-and-stop.

Again, doesn't mean much for the final product, but as a trailer, I don't find it too effective.

Still, the action looks on point. Look forward to it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Hmm...Kinda disjointed trailer.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think trailers should spell out the plot, but for me, effective trailers either have a small narrative, building on itself, or they're just a visual assault with good music (think the Suicide Squad trailers). This is a lot of start-and-stop.

Again, doesn't mean much for the final product, but as a trailer, I don't find it too effective.

Still, the action looks on point. Look forward to it.

Ya said it with more detail than me. They haven't found a natural way to join these different plot elements together so they just lay it out side by side whether they follow a natural progression or not, followed by a flurry of action shots.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Could be that they're holding more footage of her back - eg. scenes of her and Craig kissing would be incongruous and spoilery given his supposed relationship status with the spectre woman.

Daniel Craig and Ana de armas had better not have some kind of relationship in this movie, gonna EWW out everyone who watched knives out...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, tree said:

Pleasantly surprised that they are actually going to release this in November

Things can change. If the rest of Tenet's run is bad, cases continue going up, etc - it can easily be pushed back again, even if they make that decision in late Oct...

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

When did trailers stop having creative hooks and motiffs? The new Wonder Woman trailer really struggled with it, as did Tenet. It's just a bunch of random ass scenes and blaring music! 

Think WW84 - and possibly this too - is down to the marketing team hedging their bets; there's a good chance they get pushed again so they want to have room for another trailer, rather than blowing their wad. WW84 at least flowed better (though the action here looks great).

The last Tenet trailer... I'm not sure wtf that was. I love the song, but it felt more like a music video than a trailer.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

28 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Movie looks insanely fun but my biggest problem with this trailer is that it makes the movie feel long. I assume the movie itself is long too but this trailer (and the last one) just makes it feel like the movie has bits where it just meanders.

2 hours, 43 minutes is the run time.

13 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

When did trailers stop having creative hooks and motiffs? The new Wonder Woman trailer really struggled with it, as did Tenet. It's just a bunch of random ass scenes and blaring music! 

I think teaser trailers have more creative hooks these days than primary trailers. For example, WW84's teaser knocked the 80s aesthetic out of the park.

• Astonished 1

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

To be fair Tenet must have been one of the hardest movies ever to create a coherent trailer for. I'm a lot more sympathetic to its marketing department now I've seen it - there weren't even that many money shots to work with. But I agree, there's a lot of 'throw everything at the wall and see what sticks' with some recent offerings. WW's promos are so half-assed.

Edited by Hatebox