Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

The theoretical limit to a delay is like 5 days before release, if I’m remembering spring correctly 😛  

It does seem like they’re going to try to go for this, but I remain skeptical about conditions in 7 weeks.

Edited by WandaLegion

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

With marketing ramping up, I have a hard time seeing this move again. Not sure why MGM and Universal haven't just moved it forward to Black Widow's old date.

What is the benefit in arbitrarily changing the release date by 1 week?

If they know 100% they are releasing it on 12 Nov, then they will have arranged all marketing to be leading up to that date - not a week before, not a week after, but that date 12 Nov.

23 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

Bold of the Broccolis to act as if theaters will be open in November. Stupid but very bold.

Bond very well might be the last blockbuster to ever play in over 2500 locations in NA so might as well get what ever they can from the box offices before 30% of theater locations close for good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

The theoretical limit to a delay is like 5 days before release, if I’m remembering spring correctly 😛  

It does seem like they’re going to try to go for this, but I remain skeptical about conditions in 7 weeks.

I booked tickets for this the day it went on sale back in March, then a day later I was getting refunded, so I’ll be skeptical of it staying put until I’m in my seat actually watching Daniel Craig walking across the screen. There’s still time to move it if things keep getting worse, particularly in the UK, whether marketing is kicking in to higher gear or not.

• Like 1

Just heard on (british) radio news that producers say this will still release next month. If it were just the US that was bad at this point I could see it, but western europe is a mess too now. All I can guess is they've made a calculated risk that things calm the hell down in the next 4.5 weeks. But it's still crazy.

Though U.S. theaters continue to struggle and the threat of a second wave this fall hangs over the entire world, insiders have told TheWrap that it’s difficult to see a Bond film release move forward without British theaters open at some point early in its theatrical run.

“U.S. and China are always the big markets, but there are some films where a specific country can also be a key market. Obviously, Bond and the U.K. go hand-in-hand,” one rival distributor told TheWrap. “Could they do a global release without the U.K.? Sure, but I don’t think they’d want Britain to wait more than a couple of weeks longer than the rest of the world.”

Another option, of course, is to just move “No Time to Die” again to 202,1 as Hollywood studios have done for most of their tentpoles. But for a studio like MGM, that will come at a steep price. The studio already lost an estimated $30 million in marketing costs for the film’s initial planned release in March. Depending on how much marketing rolls out before a hypothetical second wave overwhelms the U.K. or a majority of key countries, it could be another major financial blow for the studio.

https://www.thewrap.com/will-the-new-james-bond-no-time-to-die-still-open-in-november-look-to-the-uk/

OST tracklist

Spoiler

1. Gun Barrel (0:55)
2. Matera (1:59)
3. Message From an Old Friend (6:35)
4. Square Escape (2:06)
5. Someone Was Here (2:56)
6. Not What I Expected (1:24)
7. What Have You Done? (2:14)
8. Shouldn’t We Get to Know Each Other First (1:21)
9. Cuba Chase (5:40)
10. Back to MI6 (1:30)
11. Good to Have You Back (1:17)
12. Lovely to See You Again (1:25)
13. Home (3:45)
14. Norway Chase (5:06)
15. Gearing Up (2:53)
16. Poison Garden (3:58)
17. The Factory (6:42)
18. I’ll Be Right Back (4:59)
19. Opening the Doors (2:44)
20. Final Ascent (7:25)
21. No Time to Die – Billie Eilish (4:04)

• Like 2

On 10/1/2020 at 10:32 AM, Macleod said:

The release of the music video seeeeeems to indicate that they are sticking firm with the November release globally...but let's see how global.  Anything can change, as 2020 has proven...

Took them 24 hours.

• Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

Makes you wonder what logic there was in releasing the Billie Eilish video and Hans Zimmer album pre-order *yesterday*, a move like this was obviously on the cards, you’d think they’d pull the trigger on the delay before releasing anything so significant. Now they can’t rely on the theme tune at all to build hype.

• Disbelief 2