Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

10 minutes ago, meridan said:

Why did they choose the same weekend as F9? Very odd choice. 

Universal has international rights. My theory is that F9 will move to Jurassic World 3’s spot as Jurassic World 3 moves to November.

@grim22 beat me

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

20 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Makes you wonder what logic there was in releasing the Billie Eilish video and Hans Zimmer album pre-order *yesterday*, a move like this was obviously on the cards, you’d think they’d pull the trigger on the delay before releasing anything so significant. Now they can’t rely on the theme tune at all to build hype.

I am betting they had some contractual  obligations to release the theme song on October 1st, which they did not have with the movie itself. Most of the ramp uped marketing over the past couple of weeks was about the release of the song.

I always thought they would delay until 2021. Don't forget NTTD was the first blockbuster to dealy because of the virus. SONY saw what was coming a long time before the other studios did.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I am betting they had some legal obligations to release the theme song on October 1st, which they did not have with the movie itself.

I always thought they would delay until 2021. Don't forget NTTD was the first blockbuster to dealy because of the virus. SONY saw what was coming a long time before the other studios did.

no, seems like this is a pretty fresh decision but i know you're a big fan of the "legal obligation" arguments.

Edited by CoolioD1

8 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

No interest in James Bond but this is terrible news for UK cinemas, which will probably close. 

I got emails yesteday about “£4 films” and today I got given free nachos and a free popcorn to use by Halloween. 

Things are not going to get back to normal for a long,long,time. No use fooling oursevles about that.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

No interest in James Bond but this is terrible news for UK cinemas, which will probably close. 

I got emails yesteday about “£4 films” and today I got given free nachos and a free popcorn to use by Halloween. 

Yeah the £4 films would be good except Cineworld seems to have stopped showing the older films which they were doing in July/August.  If they start adding more older films back on the schedule then I'll make the most of the £4 tickets.

I cancelled my Unlimited card when the rules of wearing masks were introduced. Seems a wise decision in retrospect now that there's no movies coming out. Definitely wouldn't be justifying the £18/month when fewer movies out & tickets are now only £4.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

over/under the Trump thing pushed them last minute

Donnie getting Covid  sure as hell is not calming people down.

Logically, TGrump getting the virus i does not change the overall Covid situation, but people  often don't think logically.

As I stated, returning to normal is a long way off. it'slike a war,no one can tell when it iwll end.

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I had a look at my local Cineworld the other day and they’re not opening until 2pm on weekdays and seemingly only operating 7 out of their 20 screens. The Light Cinema are starting to allow Netflix films on their screens which is nice (they’re showing The Trial of the Chicago 7 as of yesterday), I think that’s the only way forward for UK cinemas at the moment, there has to be some kind of allowance for films to have a brief theatrical window before streaming, surely some new content on their screens is better than showing Tenet to empty screens until December.