Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Horrible to see a film using IMAX cameras go to a streamer. :( Still don't know why theaters are considered high risk , they are not grounding planes or even forcing limited capacity even if they are at the high end of risks.

ANY  enclsoed gathering of  large numbers of people in a limited space is high risk.

Thing is that plane travel is essential , movie theaters are not.

I also think that it is easier to enforce social distancing and masks in a plane then in a dark movie theater. You Know peoplw ill take off theri masks as seeon as the theater gets dark.

Eight months in, and some people still do not get how serious this is.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 2

Again, Apple's the only one I can see going for this. 

And considering how most people watching Apple TV+ are doing it on their phones... Ouch, what a shame that would be. Like, seriously, it could have been done for a third of the money when people watching on a 7 inch screen, but with Craig and the Bond name slapped on it, the same numbers would be bandied about. 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

And considering how most people watching Apple TV+ are doing it on their phones... Ouch, what a shame that would be. Like, seriously, it could have been done for a third of the money when people watching on a 7 inch screen, but with Craig and the Bond name slapped on it, the same numbers would be bandied about. 

In the end, doesn't really matter who wants it, as it's thought that Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson retain at least 33% interest/control, or a deciding interest in ultimate decisions.  My bet is that they are the holdouts, here. 

There was a rumor a couple years back that they were considering selling the whole shebang off after this one, so...but it sure sounds like someone is not saying Yes right now, and it's most likely to be them.   

1 hour ago, reddevil19 said:

It sounds as though Apple are beginning to allow Apple TV+ on other devices thankfully, it was reported a few days ago that the service will be available at launch on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S, so presumably we will soon see more widespread adoption of the service on non-Apple devices. The main reason I’ve held off on Apple TV+ is how restrictive it is, I absolutely will not watch something for the first time on my phone or laptop (I know I could plug the HDMI into my TV, but it’s a hassle), but if it’s on my PS5 then it’s as easy as opening Netflix on my TV.

That said, regarding Bond, if it did end up going to a streaming service, I can only imagine it would have to take some kind of utterly seismic event, like all the major chains going bust, for it to happen. If that happens then they’d be stupid not to sell it for $600 million+ to a streamer, as there’s no way they’d make that kind of a money in a marketplace without the likes of AMC and Cineworld/Regal.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 1

"Deadline hears that James Bond franchise gatekeeper Eon and principal producer Barbara Broccoli flatly nixed the deal and might have been surprised real negotiations were taking place."

Yep.  Exactly.  

And...

"...many don’t believe 007 will stick to its current April 2021 date."

:jeb!:

Edited by Macleod

42 minutes ago, antovolk said:

These guys have been insistent what was on the table is 200-250m for U.S. - https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/no-time-to-die-mgm-offers-for-no-time-to-die-streaming-rights?id=04784 

If we get to March and America is still a shit show while Europe/Asia is in a better position (no guarantee of that, obviously) then I can see that possibly happening, but I’d imagine it’ll be a case of the rest of the world getting it theatrically first via Universal and then a month or two later hitting streaming in the US. There’s no way they’d want to risk perfect copies of the film hitting the internet with a global day and date release.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

ANY  enclsoed gathering of  large numbers of people in a limited space is high risk.

Thing is that plane travel is essential , movie theaters are not.

I also think that it is easier to enforce social distancing and masks in a plane then in a dark movie theater. You Know peoplw ill take off theri masks as seeon as the theater gets dark.

Eight months in, and some people still do not get how serious this is.

That's simply not true. There is not a single Covid case that has been linked to cinema attendance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

Why do you assume most people watch Apple TV+ on a phone anymore then people watch Netflix or Disney+ on a phone? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Why do you assume most people watch Apple TV+ on a phone anymore then people watch Netflix or Disney+ on a phone? 

Netflix and even Disney+ are pretty much standard apps on smart tvs, as well as game consoles - Apple TV+ doesn't have the same wide availability. I don't have any up-to-date data, and I am sure there would have been more shift in 2019, before the pandemic again changed habits, but I do believe there was a report 2-3 years ago that showed over 2/3 of Netflix viewing is on TVs. Even with a substantial drop from that high, Apple TV + would be nowhere near that.

Edited by reddevil19

18 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

If we get to March and America is still a shit show while Europe/Asia is in a better position (no guarantee of that, obviously) then I can see that possibly happening, but I’d imagine it’ll be a case of the rest of the world getting it theatrically first via Universal and then a month or two later hitting streaming in the US. There’s no way they’d want to risk perfect copies of the film hitting the internet with a global day and date release.

Worked for Taken. Will work for this movie if it is any good.

• Like 1