Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

LONDON (AP) — Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Monday a new national lockdown for England until at least mid-February to combat a fast-spreading new variant of the coronavirus

https://apnews.com/article/uk-1st-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-virus-013f538e8ec3a153a4d2e39601961472

I doubt this movie releases at the start of April. A sale to a streamer seems more and more likely.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maggie said:

https://apnews.com/article/uk-1st-oxford-astrazeneca-vaccine-virus-013f538e8ec3a153a4d2e39601961472

I doubt this movie releases at the start of April. A sale to a streamer seems more and more likely.

The buzz in the industry was already hinting that yet-another-Bond-move past April was going to happen...

...But at this point...I think people just want to see it!  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The buzz in the industry was already hinting that yet-another-Bond-move past April was going to happen...

...But at this point...I think people just want to see it!  

I hope they just delay it again, I really want to see it (I had tickets booked for the April 2020 release date before everything went to hell) but with it being Daniel Craig’s last outing it’d be a terrible shame to see it premiere on Netflix. I’d rather wait and see it on the biggest screen possible, make it the first post-vaccine theatrical event film. Whether EON/MGM can wait that long is another matter though.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

In terms of the UK - we're looking at hopefully everyone over 50 and underlying conditions vaccinated by the time this comes out...unlike last April and November cinemas are actually probably gonna be open this time around. It's in the Tenet position at the moment of first big film after this lockdown that's starting today, and I'd imagine restrictions will be identical to August, but it should be in theory easy to beat it because 1. Bond and 2. vaccine giving a confidence boost to the public.

Question is, do MGM/Eon/Universal just go ahead with that, or keep waiting until the whole world is ready...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, antovolk said:

In terms of the UK - we're looking at hopefully everyone over 50 and underlying conditions vaccinated by the time this comes out...unlike last April and November cinemas are actually probably gonna be open this time around. It's in the Tenet position at the moment of first big film after this lockdown that's starting today, and I'd imagine restrictions will be identical to August, but it should be in theory easy to beat it because 1. Bond and 2. vaccine giving a confidence boost to the public.

Question is, do MGM/Eon/Universal just go ahead with that, or keep waiting until the whole world is ready...

If they're smart, they push it to open about a few weeks after Black Widow comes out.

Unless another major blockbuster moves ahead of that film, it is not only going to be the first major blockbuster in theatres, but also the one that has the biggest chance of bringing audiences back to cinemas. 

Obviously if Black Widow either fails or underperforms this gives EON/MGM more time to push it and reevaluate their position.

And if Black Widow is a success, then NTTD will be the first major blockbuster to ride the wave that it will unleash and won't have to compete with the other held back 2020 films. 

4 hours ago, antovolk said:

With the UK government’s track record so far in terms of getting things right during this pandemic, I wouldn’t hold my breath that they manage to stick to that schedule.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

With the UK government’s track record so far in terms of getting things right during this pandemic, I wouldn’t hold my breath that they manage to stick to that schedule.

at least they've admitted the vaccine is the only way out of this current mess (of their own making)

• Like 3

Looks like we really might have to brace ourselves for a November move. 

First let slip in an interview by a major Dutch cinema owner...
https://www.bndestem.nl/roosendaal/bios-niet-bang-voor-streamingdiensten-mensen-willen-dat-grote-scherm~a49e0452/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

along with this...apparently the product placement partners (Omega etc) are prepping for a fall launch

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

Looks like we really might have to brace ourselves for a November move. 

First let slip in an interview by a major Dutch cinema owner...
https://www.bndestem.nl/roosendaal/bios-niet-bang-voor-streamingdiensten-mensen-willen-dat-grote-scherm~a49e0452/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

along with this...apparently the product placement partners (Omega etc) are prepping for a fall launch

April is too early, so yeah a move is expected. November though...things will not be better as we saw last year, cases increase in fall. Unfortunately, i don't think anything major will release in theaters this year either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2