Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

8 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Actually Netflix is going to win because everyone will be at home watching their movies!

Actually, this would be the perfect time for a studio to attempt the direct-to-home for $40 (or something like that) rollout that studios have whispered about in recent years.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

release no more movies for the rest of the year just to be safe and so that sonic can win best picture like it rightfully deserves.

Best Actor for Ben Affleck in The Way Back?

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Sort of glad it is moving back to the traditional November Bond opening spot.

It's going to be fun to see how the other studios react to this.

I imagine only GvK will move, everything else is either not competing in the same space like Clifford and King Richard or are released a lot earlier. I think King Richard and possibly Raya will release a week earlier if GvK moves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine only GvK will move, everything else is either not competing in the same space like Clifford and King Richard or are released a lot earlier. I think King Richard and possibly Raya will release a week earlier if GvK moves.

King Richard should move like you suggest cause Bond skews older and so does King Richard. It  isn't a complete counterprograming unlike Raya.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Problem is what if other big films start getting moved? You could see one hell of a pile up.

1 hour ago, Viktor Vilotijevic said:

I'm wondering, will they maybe have another Bond song by then?

I think they should. ‘no time to die’  is a well but not spectacular well received song. By November the song will be almost a year old. The song will be off the radio by then

I don’t think it’s a sign of things to come. This film looked troubled from the start and moving it away from April was something that makes sense. If Disney starts moving films, that would spell trouble. 

I don’t think it’s a sign of things to come. This film looked troubled from the start and moving it away from April was something that makes sense. If Disney starts moving films, that would spell trouble. 

Let’s not conflate pre-production issues with this release date change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Burgess said:

Let’s not conflate pre-production issues with this release date change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. And I think Frozen is dead wrong with this idea that No Time To Die is the only film that is going to be impacted by the Corona Virus. 

• Like 1

MGM is lucky because the final theater contracts had not been signed;if they had presales would have started. Would have been a major and expensive legal headache to move it after the contracts had been signed.

1 hour ago, Julian1410 said:

I think they should. ‘no time to die’  is a well but not spectacular well received song. By November the song will be almost a year old. The song will be off the radio by then

It's one of the worst Bond songs and Eilish was a ridiculous choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

King Richard should move like you suggest cause Bond skews older and so does King Richard. It  isn't a complete counterprograming unlike Raya.

King Richard should move, yeah. They've only started shooting so I imagine it'd be a little easier for Warner Bros. to push it back and maybe reposition it for awards season 2021. That way they don't have to rush it too much either.