Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

3 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to the film, but they’ve had 6 months to design a new poster, and THAT’S the best they could do? It looks almost identical to the Skyfall poster.

Exactly.  Excited for the film, but these posters are awful! 

I hope the next trailer they've got lined up is a hell of lot more exciting than the previous one, which wasn't any better on the big screen in front of Tenet. (Doesn't matter for me as I'll watch any Bond movie in cinemas, but marketing has been decidedly off for this.)

4 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I hope the next trailer they've got lined up is a hell of lot more exciting than the previous one, which wasn't any better on the big screen in front of Tenet. (Doesn't matter for me as I'll watch any Bond movie in cinemas, but marketing has been decidedly off for this.)

Yep. It's a lifeless trailer. I don't know if I'm bored of this version after Spectre, or the fact that I am so clearly aware of Craig not wanting to do it (and seeing him actually have fun with a role in Knives out) has seeped into my own anticipation of the movie... But it's definitely not getting me amped up.

2 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Yep. It's a lifeless trailer. I don't know if I'm bored of this version after Spectre, or the fact that I am so clearly aware of Craig not wanting to do it (and seeing him actually have fun with a role in Knives out) has seeped into my own anticipation of the movie... But it's definitely not getting me amped up.

Yeah, I was hoping this would be a more fun last hurrah for Craig but instead they've seemingly doubled-down on the portentous Spectre serialisation. Not my thing at all. But it's Bond, so it's got at least one ticket out of me depending on covid allowances. Fingers crossed I guess.

Just now, Hatebox said:

Yeah, I was hoping this would be a more fun last hurrah for Craig but instead they've seemingly doubled-down on the portentous Spectre serialisation. Not my thing at all. But it's Bond, so it's got at least one ticket out of me depending on covid allowances. Fingers crossed I guess.

Ya, pretty much this. I'll watch most big movies regardless, so I'm not gonna skip it - I just wish I were actually looking forward to it, lol.

And for all its faults, Tenet has some great Bond DNA in it, so normally I'd expect to be excited to see actual Bond soon as well. But even with the trailer playing before Tenet, it's still... blah.

I do hope the movie turns out to surprise me! Pulling for a great final outing for Craig!

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Ana De Armas looks like the MVP, unsurprisingly.

Also looks like she'll just be in one scene. They keep showing her in that one Jamaican location. I don't even think they've showed any new footage of her since the last trailer lol.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also looks like she'll just be in one scene. I don't even think they've showed any new footage of her since the last trailer lol.

Could be that they're holding more footage of her back - eg. scenes of her and Craig kissing would be incongruous and spoilery given his supposed relationship status with the spectre woman.

Edited by Hatebox

I still like they are trying to incorporate the characters introduced in Spectre rather than throwing them away or just ignoring it which they could have done. I'm just going to assume Ana de Armas is a minor character in this so I don't get disappointed if her screentime is limited. 

Gonna be doing a watch of all the James Bond films prior to the (hopeful) release in November.

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

that first trailer made this look like homework but the new one is a lot more fun. 

Agreed, the first trailer made it seem convoluted, this actually gives a proper hint of the story. Great trailer, now let’s just hope those UK drive ins stick around for it!