Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

6 hours ago, elcaballero said:

And another great one got relegated to the end credits.

check out Swan Lee who also tried to get their version of “Tomorrow never dies”  into the movie. Its really good IMO

Do the producers commission a number of artists to have a go or do the artist come up with songs of their own accord and try their luck? I remember Tarantino talking about how annoyed he got with musicians sending him their work in the hope it would appear on one of his soundtracks. 

Edited by Hatebox

Do the producers commission a number of artists to have a go or do the artist come up with songs of their own accord and try their luck? I remember Tarantino talking about how annoyed he got with musicians sending him their work in the hope it would appear on one of his soundtracks. 

I think it depends on whether or not the producers or composer or director have a particular artist in mind. Tomorrow Never Dies is interesting because there several demos floating around. If I’m not mistaken, the Swan Lee song was sunset used for one of the Hitman games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ninenin said:

You're really stretching 

It's beyond stretching, it's broken.

Granted, I think that Licence To Kill was hurt by trying to turn it into a 80's Arnie/Slyvester type American action film, but I see no signs of this happening here, and Barbara Brocolli remembers  how it did not work that well with Licence . Licence made money,,every Bond movie has been profitable...but it was one of the lowest grossing films in the franchise. I doubt Brocolli will repeat that mistake.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Burgess said:

I think it depends on whether or not the producers or composer or director have a particular artist in mind. Tomorrow Never Dies is interesting because there several demos floating around. If I’m not mistaken, the Swan Lee song was sunset used for one of the Hitman games.

TND is interesting because they had already K.D Lainge song "Surrender" as the main theme, but when they found out Sherryl Crow....who at that time was one of the biggest names in pop music, was interested in doing a Bond theme song, they replaced the Lainge song with the Crow song,putting the Lainge song over the final credits.

This seems to have been done in a hurry;because the actual film score features the music of the Lainge song a number of times, the Crow song music not at all. 

IMHO the Lainge song "Surrender" was a much better song the the Crow song.

I could not agree more...the Lange song is vastly better then the Crow song.
And the lyrics fit in so much better with the movie.

Hot take:

I prefer Tomorrow Never Dies over Surrender. I like Surrender but it’s a little too on brand for a Bond song. Also, Lange’s voice doesn’t do much for me.

On a side note, I love The Living Daylights but I also wish The Pretenders’ Where Has Everybody Gone was a title song.

This was written by David Arnold, the composer of Quantum of Solace,  for a Shirley Bassey solo album:

I'm pretty sure it was a rejected song for the movie. It even has the word solace in the lyrics. And it is vastly superior to Another Way to Die

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merkel said:

This was written by David Arnold, the composer of Quantum of Solace,  for a Shirley Bassey solo album:

I'm pretty sure it was a rejected song for the movie. It even has the word solace in the lyrics. And it is vastly superior to Another Way to Die

David arnold gave us a brilliant score for ID4

I can’t remember where I read this but pieces of the song (not sure if it was the lyrics or arrangement) was part of Amy Winehouse’s early demo for QOS.

20 minutes ago, Burgess said:

Do you know if it ran during the Oscar ceremony? Just curious. I saw it during the red carpet pre-show on E!

Bassed on Twitter...in Canada? In the US was only during the E! coverage.

EQbiWZbXYAE9rWN?format=jpg
EQbiWZbWAAAY0F4?format=jpg
EQbiWZrXkAA0EPR?format=jpg
EQbiWZuWkAAliDb?format=jpg
EQbifoQXUAEOcFv?format=jpg
EQbifpAXsAcTXPK?format=jpg
EQbifpuXUAIu48T?format=jpg

• Like 2

Bassed on Twitter...in Canada? In the US was only during the E! coverage.

EQbiWZbXYAE9rWN?format=jpg&key=a32dda6a9b47c9d35fb724641adba2f46bf387811e55409d20197dc43e1ece37
EQbiWZbWAAAY0F4?format=jpg&key=c362b342cb7fa684d495bc9e586e441fadc705920c1c8aab7cab16056d32c136
EQbiWZrXkAA0EPR?format=jpg&key=27215b37c058fb0a8b31f898eac0cca3a3f6d68f3f62e4165a9820c9c73c533b
EQbiWZuWkAAliDb?format=jpg&key=521ce3dfe12679360ba5318f1333811eff4e45ccb4106b3b98caf672c3707655
EQbifoQXUAEOcFv?format=jpg&key=5716e43f8019859f0a12d3229ec3200240ed7249ab41b74e6d6e1dd60394c126
EQbifpAXsAcTXPK?format=jpg&key=6eeca1bafe6a6d0bbab6cd776c90c2567c0a954f8a27373f5d45f765c7e19de4
EQbifpuXUAIu48T?format=jpg&key=1ba30d3c2bdce692a2d58ea772e75b9121f3974f967f22c3f8ec86836c03049a

Not that it matters but I wonder if the NTTD tv spots were shown during the ceremony “internationally”. In the States, I only saw entertainment commercials for Disney owned properties, e.g. Fox FX, Marvel, ABC, etc.