Neo

No Time To Die | November 12 (UK), November 25 (US) | Cary Fukunaga to direct | Delayed because of the coronavirus

Just now, Madhuvan said:

Black Widow and WW84 wll also move by next week 

Studios aren't so reactionary. They are gonna wait for a bit longer before they start moving films because its a huge decision.

• Like 1

I'm surprised it's going to be moving by six months but I wonder if Universal and MGM didn't have a slot for it in the summer. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised it's going to be moving by six months but I wonder if Universal and MGM didn't have a slot for it in the summer. 

Maybe because Universal wants to keep F9 for first weekend of August. Universal should seriously take that date soon before Disney or WB takes it for their respective summer superhero film.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

It sucks but it’s probably for the best in terms of the films financial viability. Also, this kinda adds to the anticipation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the film can only benefit from that. Q4 release will guarantee China release and will by default make more money.

• Like 3

Just now, filmlover said:

Holy shit. A 7 month delay?!

It's even crazier considering the massive amounts of marketing they've already done. The P&A spend is gonna be outrageous after this.

• Like 1

Kinda bummed since I was actually really looking forward to this but on the bright side, this means two Ana de Armas movies in November (unless Deep Water ends up moving).

The oddest part of this is that they decided to delay this just two days after they announced DOM presales. 

no way will more movies not follow suit. Mulan being delayed until next year probably. Black Widow and Fast and Furious also I'd say are guaranteed 

Great news! I much rather go to the movies holiday season when it's cold outside than spring season when the anemone nemorosas (wood anemone) can be seen on the hills. 

Fellas, November makes the most sense. It's the traditional Bond window, has proven success. If you're going to move a $250m blockbuster because of a global pandemic, at least move it to a release window you have had proven success in.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This leaves a big hole open in April now. Now nothing is opening April 10, wonder what will move there (assuming theaters will still be open).

will it still get an IMAX release? I assume it should since it was shot in IMAX