Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

Just now, DAJK said:

1968? Guess I wasn't around then, but I feel like 1939-45 more like...

You are right, but 1968 is widely seen as a year when the shit hit the fan. Begun with the Tet Offensive in Vietnam and it kept getting worse

Martin Luther Kind and Robert Kennedy getting assiasinated.

Massive uprisings by the young around the world.

The Counter Culture becoming mainstream.

Thc CHicago Democratic Convention riots.

1968 was a year the changed the world. I think 2020 will be the same.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

You are right, but 1968 is widely seen as a year when the shit hit the fan. Begun with the Tet Offensive in Vietnam and it kept getting worse

thanks for the history lesson, bro.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The difference is tho 1968 was VERY US-centric, whereas the 40s were a worldwide event, as is 2020

26 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hoped that they'd wait a bit longer before they delayed it but with the rising cases, I guess it makes sense. 

Edit: Can't wait for 6 more months of "cinemas are dead" talk all over the internet.

I was saying the whole year was a write-off long before it was cool.

• Like 1

I had already suspended my Unlimited membership until the end of the year. If WW84 and Dune move, I'll just outright cancel it, tho I may not have to - locations will close, a lot of them permanently. If a working vaccine is announced by the end of the year, then there's a chance mass production by next summer could happen, thus allowing for more capital injection and to restart then. If not... Yeah, cinema chains of today will be dead, but not cinema distribution itself - we'll just see new owners later in 2021.

• Like 2

I wonder what is warner pretending. They want to prove they are superwarner or what ?

Now wait for them giving priority to Dune on october and moving Batman.

They should've been the first to move Wonder Woman and Dune, but hey let's wait until all the dates are taken

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

The difference is tho 1968 was VERY US-centric, whereas the 40s were a worldwide event, as is 2020

I sidagree, you had massive youth revolts around the world,In France, the youth protests led to the fall of De Gasulle.

AMC (I think?) is already closing their doors during the week now and the other chains will certainly follow soon. Everyone should've just moved back an entire year from the start instead of some sticking around and creating false hope and leaving movie theaters in the position of being open with nothing really to show for the rest of 2020 that they're in right now.

Edited by filmlover

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It does not matter what release dates are given by studios, the release calendar is eventually taking the shape as it was in March 2020, just the year will change. Bond in April, Black Widow in May, Wonder Woman in June and so on.

And it’ll change once again to 2022.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 2

23 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, what's left for the rest of this year?

Next week, a Robert De Niro comedy flick and the week after we'll be getting another Liam Neeson actioner.

Freaky could be moved up to October, consider it's a horror movie.

Disney is releasing "Death on the Nile" for the Holidays;but that fiom has a modest budget. I think Disney is doing this more to show the flag during the Holidays then anything else. Looks bad to the stockholders to totally give up the Holiday season.

And the events of the last 48 hours ha ve pretty much killed any chance studios will reconsider just giving up on 2020. The fear factor about Covid is skyrocketing again.