Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

No real news, but more "speculation" and insider rumors that MGM as a whole is likely to be pawned off to new majority owners sometime soon...but even if it is, they don't think it will even go for $10 billion...   The dreaded Amazon has apparently had "exploratory talks." 

MGM, as always, denying everything...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dawnchmielewski/2021/01/30/mgms-back-on-the-block-and-floating-a-10-billion-price-tag-dont-count-on-it/?sh=3f12f862b740

Edited by Macleod

for what it's worth - I think the news of a shortened 31/45 day window in the UK is probably gonna be a positive factor towards this sticking to October - they can have it out on VOD and Blu-ray for Xmas. And I'd imagine that's gonna be a similar standard that will be employed in the US now too (outside of specific deals like the Universal 17/31 day one)

Edited by antovolk

53 minutes ago, antovolk said:

for what it's worth - I think the news of a shortened 31/45 day window in the UK is probably gonna be a positive factor towards this sticking to October - they can have it out on VOD and Blu-ray for Xmas. And I'd imagine that's gonna be a similar standard that will be employed in the US now too (outside of specific deals like the Universal 17/31 day one)

I hope you’re right, although they’ve never really seemed bothered about having Bond out on home video in time for Christmas in the past, every Daniel Craig film has come out on DVD/Blu Ray in February/March of the following year, Bond sells like hot cakes whenever it comes out so I don’t think they’ll be especially motivated to get it out for Christmas.

Is that 31/45 day thing a certainty by the way? I’ve only seen it reported by one person so far, it doesn’t seem to have been picked up by any of the major publications/websites.

6 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I hope you’re right, although they’ve never really seemed bothered about having Bond out on home video in time for Christmas in the past, every Daniel Craig film has come out on DVD/Blu Ray in February/March of the following year, Bond sells like hot cakes whenever it comes out so I don’t think they’ll be especially motivated to get it out for Christmas.

Is that 31/45 day thing a certainty by the way? I’ve only seen it reported by one person so far, it doesn’t seem to have been picked up by any of the major publications/websites.

They previously actually couldn't have because of the UK 16 week window thing, but now the October date works out especially well...

Robbie's got good sources - he's one of the leading UK film critics - and it came late on Friday so wouldn't expect any corroboration until tomorrow at the earliest.

Edited by antovolk
  • Thanks 1

New release date change - looking like they're going back to tradition with an earlier UK/international release. September 29-October 1. Russia first country to announce:

That week was freed up as Dune moved forward to September 15-17 outside the US (where it's still October 1 with HBO Max same day, and NTTD on October 8

Edited by antovolk

10 minutes ago, Maggie said:

James Bond Franchise Will Get ‘Worldwide Theatrical Release,’ Say Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/james-bond-amazon-mgm-barbara-broccoli-1234982158/

Never doubted it to be honest. Amazon have always been more flexible with the theatrical window for films if they think it’s worth it, and they’d be insane not to let Bond movies have theatrical runs given their profitability. 

This isn’t the death knell for MGM films having theatrical runs that it would have been if Netflix had bought them.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Maggie said:

James Bond Franchise Will Get ‘Worldwide Theatrical Release,’ Say Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/james-bond-amazon-mgm-barbara-broccoli-1234982158/

Still i bet it will be available at Prime Video before 2022

But i think it's a win-win situation, it will still get 45 days or so theatrical, will be huge on Prime because it's a giant platform, and they don't need to worry about green light the next one now that they're with Amazon

41 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Still i bet it will be available at Prime Video before 2022

But i think it's a win-win situation, it will still get 45 days or so theatrical, will be huge on Prime because it's a giant platform, and they don't need to worry about green light the next one now that they're with Amazon

It goes to Paramount+ first iirc because of the deal Paramount made with Epix.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

So they´re really restarting the marketing campaign for the third time to release the movie on it´s sixth date.

This time i think they´re not even considering delaying it again, this need to gross a billion at this point to be profitable (which is not happening), more delays will bring only more losses.

I do hope this can be released in October without many problems related to the pandemic tho, this deserves to have some peace.

• Like 4

James Bond movies are often relegated to tech categories and don’t tend to register in the Best Picture race, but there’s strong advance word on Cary Joji Fukunaga’s “No Time to Die” (October 8, MGM/UA), Daniel Craig’s ultimate outing as Agent 007.

From Indiewire 

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash
  • Like 3