Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

4 hours ago, JWR said:

He would be the first Bond to go out on a strong outing since maybe Connery?

Connery went out on a strong note?  News to me. 😂  I love Connery and I love Bond, but both "Diamonds Are Forever" and the unofficial "Never Say Never Again" are very-mixed (if not pretty awful) entries in the overall series.  

If NTTD really "hits" critically...Craig would indeed be the first in this franchise to really end on a strong note.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

Connery went out on a strong note?  News to me. 😂  I love Connery and I love Bond, but both "Diamonds Are Forever" and the unofficial "Never Say Never Again" are very-mixed (if not pretty awful) entries in the overall series.  

If NTTD really "hits" critically...Craig would indeed be the first in this franchise to really end on a strong note.  

Let's hope so.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JWR said:

Let's hope so.

Agreed.

Connory  last official 007 film Diamonds Are Forever was  a big dissapontment (although it did very well at the box office)

and NSNA wasn't much if any better.

Moore's "View To A Kill" is, IMHO the worst Bond film, and that Moore was clearly too old for the role was not the only, or even the major reason.

Dalton's Licence to Kill was one of the lowest grossing Bond films (though it still made a good profit for all concerned) probably because it just did not seem like a Bond film;tyring to make Bond into a 80's action hero just did not work.

Brosnan Die ANother Day is right behind "View To A Kill" in the Worst 007 Competion.

Actually, we were hearing a lot of good things about No TIme To Die last year before it got postponed. 

And it was the first major film to be delayed because of Covid. At the time that was huge news, and many here were laughing at SONY.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Agreed.

Connory  last official 007 film Diamonds Are Forever was  a big dissapontment (although it did very well at the box office)

and NSNA wasn't much if any better.

Moore's "View To A Kill" is, IMHO the worst Bond film, and that Moore was clearly too old for the role was not the only, or even the major reason.

Dalton's Licence to Kill was one of the lowest grossing Bond films (though it still made a good profit for all concerned) probably because it just did not seem like a Bond film;tyring to make Bond into a 80's action hero just did not work.

Brosnan Die ANother Day is right behind "View To A Kill" in the Worst 007 Competion.

Actually, we were hearing a lot of good things about No TIme To Die last year before it got postponed. 

And it was the first major film to be delayed because of Covid. At the time that was huge news, and many here were laughing at SONY.

Part of me thinks that this being Craig's last outing will help with anticipation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daftcat said:

Another positive signal from ViewerAnon. Can't wait!

VlYQ.gif

swear to god if this gets delayed again....otherwise Manchester Printworks IMAX (or the London Science Museum if they finally start booking first run titles) here we GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by antovolk

12 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

It's easier to take his relentless pessimism with a pinch of salt. Or maybe a garbage can full of salt. 

Unless we go into mandatory theater closings in the US. I can't see NTTD opening below 50 Million. Bond is a very strong draw; a lot stronger then Jungle Cruise. A lot of people who avoid movies because of the Covid might well decide to take a chance with NTTD.

Of course, who knows the way things are going?

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3