Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

10 minutes ago, excel1 said:

This is going to open huge. Way more than Black Widow.

way more than 80m??? sure, jan.

covid + already 6 years since the last bond movie which was poorly received + superhero movies completely taking over since then....

i think it does 60m

superhero fandom = 8-50 yo

bond fandom = 30-70 yo

Edited by Cruel Summer

4 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

covid + already 6 years since the last bond movie which was poorly received + superhero movies completely taking over since then....

i think it does 60m

bond fandom = 30-70 yo

Following a poorly received movie doesn't really hurt the Bond franchise in the same way that it does for others. Quantum of Solace wasn't well received, but Skyfall still opened over $80m

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Following a poorly received movie doesn't really hurt the Bond franchise in the same way that it does for others. Quantum of Solace wasn't well received, but Skyfall still opened over $80m

Yeah but Skyfall was a whole different beast. That movie was an absolute phenomenon that had the perfect storm of being a great movie, the 50th anniversary, and an absolute smash hit opening theme song by Adele, who was at her absolute peak. 

Skyfall is a bit of an outlier, but I do think that NTTD wouldn't have fallen below Spectre (which still did incredibly well at $880m). I think NTTD would've gotten to $900m if it weren't for Covid

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

i think it does 60m

bond fandom = 30-70 yo

Can't take anyone seriously who says 'Sure Jan'

Bond is practically locked to open higher than Crap Widow

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Pinacolada said:

Yeah but Skyfall was a whole different beast. That movie was an absolute phenomenon that had the perfect storm of being a great movie, the 50th anniversary, and an absolute smash hit opening theme song by Adele, who was at her absolute peak. 

Skyfall is a bit of an outlier, but I do think that NTTD wouldn't have fallen below Spectre (which still did incredibly well at $880m). I think NTTD would've gotten to $900m if it weren't for Covid

"Wanna go watch that Bond movie? I like Adele's song for it so think it will be good y'know" - said noone ever

Though going from Adele to Billy Eilish is a major step down. The latter can't even sing

Edited by Chicago

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Can't take anyone seriously who says 'Sure Jan'

Bond is practically locked to open higher than Crap Widow

you cant take seriously someone who says sure jan but we need to take you seriously saying "crap widow" as if you're 15??

girl-sure-jan.gif

nevermind, you're the looney who said billie eillish has no talent

Edited by Cruel Summer

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

you cant take seriously someone who says sure jan but we need to take you seriously saying "crap widow" as if you're 15??

girl-sure-jan.gif

nevermind, you're the looney who said billie eillish has no talent

I'm sorry if I upset all the teenagers here, We adults get this alot. It's ok, when you grow out of your edgy depressed teenage years, you will look back and cringe at your earlier selves as much as I am now 😃

Anyways, enough cringe, yes I think NTTD will out open Crap Widow. I wouldn't actually be surprised if NTTD has the biggest opening weekend of the year to date. This actually looks like a fun over the top bond which I think audiences have been craving lately, it's time to bring back the gadgets 

Edited by Chicago
  • Disbelief 1

10 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

i think it does 60m

bond fandom = 30-70 yo

I'm not really sure what superhero movies have to do with this movie's box office. If NTTD was opening against a popular superhero movie, then I could see the point. But superhero movies simply existing as a cinematic genre, even as popular as they are, doesn't mean that people don't see other movies. It does mean that more studios release more superhero movies and invest less resources in developing other types of projects.

Daniel Craig's tenure as Bond has been wildly successful over the last fifteen years. The same fifteen years that saw a massive spike (or renaissance) in superhero movies. The same is true for the Mission Impossible film series.

• Like 1