Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

I would normally ignore excel but here he has something. I am amazed by people comparing a bond to MCU movie for PS !!!!! This movie is set to open big and will have great previews to OW multi. I think we have to wait until Monday/Tuesday next week to get some perspective on how big it can be. I think this will beat Shang Chi and be the biggest domestic(and WW movie) until Spidey. 

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

12 hours ago, RRA said:

Yeah of all the friggin secondary people to bring back for a second movie, they bring HIM back? One of the worst 007 movies, just flat and wasting Christopher Friggin Lee or also wasting a simple yet cool for Bond levels pitch (duel with the world's top assassin!) 

As for who they'll get for Bond, they usually don't go after already big name folks. Think of their track record. Dalton? Character actor, been on their radar for almost 20 years by that point. Brosnan? TV actor, was Bond before infamously being screwed but stars aligned nicely for him to get his justice, Moore? TV star. Craig? Character actor, but not a star. The only true nobody they ever hired was George Lazenby. 

I knew recent press has been whether we'll get a "Jane Bond" (yeah No) but honestly it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we get a POC Bond for the next one. Not sure if Golding ticks off the boxes (not like he got good notices from Snake Eyes*) but that would be a stark way to say the least of differentiating yourself from not just the Craig era, but who came before. Be fascinating to see what tone EON will adopt for this new casting, as they've tried to do when a new guy puts on the tux. 

*=Then again that was Snake Eyes. Nobody came out of that well. 

You're not supposed to be describing Joseph Gordon-Levitt...

5 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

very low internet hype. and you dont have to be fanboy/nerd to talk about it on social media

If social media hype was equivalent to box office numbers, In The Heights and Dear Evan Hansen would have made $100M easily. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

This is a franchise that still attracts older crowd. With some if not most of them not wanting to risk covid, maybe its international numbers could be less.

Older is a relative term. Certainly, there are some 80 year old fans but the average sits between 25 and 45. I think NTTD will perform in Europe. I worry about Australia and China. NTTD opens in China at the end of the month, while the Australian opening is in November.

• Like 1