Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

international box office starting Wednesday (September 29) in Korea and adds such majors as the UK, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico and Spain through Friday, October 1. 

Those markets are pretty damn big so yes it could go 90M+ from them and smaller markets that aren't mentioned in the article.

Dune got almost 40M from 24 markets that didn't include majors such as UK, Japan, Brazil, Mexico). So I think it's doable.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No way it just does that much. What does @charlie Jatinder think it will do?

I didn't look too deep but was thinking $100M+ last week, I suppose it will be around that only.

8 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

I mean it's not that much less than what Skyfall and Spectre did in those locations. That number makes sense to me given COVID. 

Basically this, though that $123M for Spectre don't make sense. ER in Europe are actually better (7-10%) than they were for Spectre.

Spectre unadjusted for ER

Europe MEA - $65M

LATAM - $12M

Asia - $27M
UK - $37M 4 days ($64M 7 days)

Total - $141M ($168M 7 days)

Adjusted for ER in Europe & UK it would be around $143M ($167M 7 days). Not adjusting LATAM and Asia because inflation in general took care of ER change in most of them though some didn't but anyhow small numbers.

Other factor in favour is prices seems like have been increased in many markets including UK. In Germany Spectre had 9.5 ATP, NTTD may be 10.5-11. Same for Denmark, could be around $19 as against $15.5 for Spectre.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Burgess said:

https://deadline.com/2021/09/no-time-to-die-international-box-office-preview-daniel-craig-james-bond-1234845794/

‘No Time To Die’ Looking To Bond With $90 Million At Early International Box Office – Preview

DHL predict a 20-25m opening for Dune and that movie ended up with 38m, so by the similar ratio, 140m is on track?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

DHL predict a 20-25m opening for Dune and that movie ended up with 38m, so by the similar ratio, 140m is on track?

Everyone is low balling everything. It makes for a better narrative and builds some cushion. This will open to 120+.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

REMINDER:

About three and a half hours from now.

"No Time To Die provides a satisfactory send-off to Craig's tenure as Bond while reinventing Bond for a new generation. The new Bond actor will have a tough act to follow. The most feminist Bond movie to date and a great time at the movies. The thrills are edge of our seat worthy. Watch it on the biggest screen possible"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Some bad takes inc:  The The Spy Who Loved Me and License to Kill are both better than Goldfinger.   Still gotta re-watch Secret Service, TB, FRWL, YOLT, and Dr. No

That one I actually agree with. They've certainly aged better with time, at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Some bad takes inc:  The The Spy Who Loved Me and License to Kill are both better than Goldfinger.   Still gotta re-watch Secret Service, TB, FRWL, YOLT, and Dr. No

Spy is generally considered one of the better Bonds, so that isn’t too much of a bad take.

LTK was Craig’s Bond before Craig’s Bond just handcuffed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Billie Eilish song for this is okay but it's a reminder that in the new era of artsy Bond (not a bad thing!) we are probably never getting a leaning into the fun theme like Nobody Does It Better anytime soon. Spy is a good one.

I can't wait to hear the Eilish song in theaters with probably stunning visuals. I think it's gonna be a banger in theaters

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RRA said:

Spy is generally considered one of the better Bonds, so that isn’t too much of a bad take.

LTK was Craig’s Bond before Craig’s Bond just handcuffed.

Dalton has a lot of the qualities that I love about Craig. The problem is that the world just wasn't ready for a meaner and dirtier Bond at the time. 

• Like 1