Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

If Kennedy were smart, she would bring back David Arnold instead.

Uh... Don't you mean Barbara Broccoli?  😉

Thankfully, Kathleen Kennedy doesn't run this franchise...

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

sadly, he seems to have vanished completely from scoring anything notable. A real shame

Arnold is around and always interested... it's Broccoli/EON who apparently have wanted a different direction.

Arnold is around and always interested... it's Broccoli/EON who apparently have wanted a different direction.

Or the director wants a different direction. I think many people would be surprised at the amount of creative freedom this generation of Broccolis give their directors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankly, even if he does have help, I'm amazed he's stocked up his 2020 schedule so quickly.

This, Spongebob, WW84, Top Gun: Maverick and Dune. It's like he's on a year-long caffeine rush.

Right...definitely caffeine.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Burgess said:

Or the director wants a different direction. I think many people would be surprised at the amount of creative freedom this generation of Broccolis give their directors.

Arnold had not scored a Bond film since QOS.

But Arnold does seem to be doing most of his work for TV nowdays. His last major film was "ID4:Resurgance" and we know what happened with that.

And it not like the last few films he scored before the ID4 sequel set the world on fire.

50 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

All but a handful. There are even a few scores with 'Music By Hans Zimmer' that he wasn't involved with at all.

Not surprised. Dirty little secret that a quite a few film composers only do a few main themes for a film, leaving his arrangers to do the actual scoring. A great many great film music moments owe as much to the arrangers as to the credited composer.

Anyway, I am one of those who think that Zimmer has been phoning it in way too much over the last few years. His crowded schedule for this year does not give me much hope that will change. Quantity is often the enemy of quality.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 12:58 PM, 35MM-18 said:

I'm pretty sure it's sarcastic, because I think everyone has written off New Mutants as a box-office bomb in the making by now.

Being sandwiched between Mulan and No Time to Die isn't going to help its box-office prospects either.

I think it's called "being dumped ins a hopeless box office weekend to keep better opening weekends for films that actually have a chance of being a hit".

You have a few die hard fans in the NM thread here still stanning for the film, but they come off as not quite being in the real world on this.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

His last major film was "ID4:Resurgance" and we know what happened with that.

I've just checked, and apparently Emmerich had someone else do the music for Resurgence (Arnold still has credit for the "Independence Day theme").

I'm just seeing the composer news now. Unbelievable that Hans Zimmer's coffee interns need to cobble together a Bond score in just a couple of months. I don't see how it won't end up being a generic mess.

Also makes me wonder what is going on with the Bond theme. Adele's Skyfall started development 18 months before release, and a full cut was ready a year before release. On the other hand, Writing's On The Wall, a horrible piece of music for SPECTRE by Sam Smith, was put together just a couple months before release after Radiohead's song was rejected.

Yeah, kind of an uninspiring choice, but oh well. Hopefully Hans and Co. having something up their sleeve. As others have noted, we're only 3 months away from release.

Has any film ever been delayed due to the music not being ready??

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Also makes me wonder what is going on with the Bond theme. Adele's Skyfall started development 18 months before release, and a full cut was ready a year before release. On the other hand, Writing's On The Wall, a horrible piece of music for SPECTRE by Sam Smith, was put together just a couple months before release after Radiohead's song was rejected.

Sam Smith still won the Oscar for that, somehow, so the producers probably think they can just wing it like before and it will be all right in the end. Wonder who they will get this time, a British act or someone else? 

Blade Runner 2049 had their composer switch at almost the same timeframe and that turned out okay...

Zimmer apparently has been working on this since late November already and the score is actually being recorded as we speak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1